Pics of my new 10gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff6.0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally got it cycled and read to go.
Added some wild life yesterday. Everyone seems happy and healthy.

6 neons
1 betta

img_1834111_0_478c57fbe6e4bebfdc161e6560440e84.jpg

img_1834111_1_b6ba42372494ce13471f5c806adb9c9a.jpg

img_1834111_2_f8eb31b784398186e6e31c0ebd5c86b7.jpg

I want to add a few more neons and am thinking about a dwarf gourami although I don't know if there will be a conflict with the betta.

Looks good. The Betta looks like a big cousin to the neons. Love the color on him. Not too sure on the gourami. Usually it is not recommended to house them with a Betta. Sometimes they see them as another Betta for some reason. There's always exceptions though. My Betta swims around with our Mickey mouse platties.

Thanks guys! It's been fun!

That was my though about the Gourami too. I guess it all depends on the personality of my Betta. Everyone is happy now but the fish are still getting used to there new home. I keep tabs on him, if he start trying to chase the neons I won't dare try it.

Wow, very nice! I definately wouldn't do the gourami. Even if you have a nonagressive betta, the odds of finding a nonagressive gourami are slim. They may do fine for a little while, but you will almost certainly have issues at some point. The neons would definately appreciate a few more buddies.

I am glad I asked. Good advice is why I'm hear.
Dwarf Gourami is out. More neons for sure! :)

The neons are schooling but sometime they all disperse and explore the tank on there own. Fun to watch.

I am glad I asked. Good advice is why I'm hear.
Dwarf Gourami is out. More neons for sure! :)

The neons are schooling but sometime they all disperse and explore the tank on there own. Fun to watch.

Not to mention gorgeous too! Mine do the same, and they do well with just about anything.

Back
Top Bottom