pix of my über modern 28G bowfront, and ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chsguy88

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just added some fish last night, did a water change, got a new black light for the room, added a plant.... So figured I'd update with some pix

Do have a question though.... Since I kind of like the whole amazing tranquil blue that pours from the thing I like falling asleep to it. I have a normal fluorescent aquarium tube on during the day, but would like it if the blue light could say on the majority of the time... If its not healthy for the fish I could definitely go without. But since the tank has dark parts, it's blue / moonlighting, And finally theres only 4 LEDs on a 28 gallon bow front.... It's the led lights that came on my ant farm lol

Thanks for the info guys, and I added more pix I took of the tank to an album in my profile. Check em out if ya wanna.

Attachments

• image-3404195525.jpg
    image-3404195525.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 150
  • image-877923634.jpg
    image-877923634.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 158
  • image-2080030429.jpg
    image-2080030429.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 156
  • image-1618196302.jpg
    image-1618196302.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 151
looks good!! is it an actual black light or blue led? black lights will burn the retina of your fish's eyes and can cause them to go blind

looks good!! is it an actual black light or blue led? black lights will burn the retina of your fish's eyes and can cause them to go blind

I use a normal fluorescent aquarium bulb in the day. Blue LEDs at night... And I do have a true black light on top, but it's aiming upwards.... I would have it aimed n the tank but nothing really looked interesting so I moved the bulb to the other side of the room....

Will they be find with the black light on the other side of the room?

Prob.... I wouldn't do it with mine though

I love my tank and all.... But I like the trippy aspect of the black light.... It's literally 8 feet away from the tank, Im not going to move a black light Into the other room bc my fish may go blind....

My dog going blind.... I wouldn't even dare use the light.... A fish, they can deal with a black light 8 feet away

I love my tank and all.... But I like the trippy aspect of the black light.... It's literally 8 feet away from the tank, Im not going to move a black light Into the other room bc my fish may go blind....

My dog going blind.... I wouldn't even dare use the light.... A fish, they can deal with a black light 8 feet away

Yes they will survive with it 8 ft away. The glass blocks the harmful rays that will cause blindness. Another thing im just mentioning, that lucky bamboo is gonna die unless you put the leaves out of the water. The bamboo also is poisonous if your fish decide to eat the leaves but your tank is awesome in a completely different way! Whats that snake looking thing thats white?

By the way, does anyone know of any studies that have been done with black light on fish? I mean I just googled the hell out if it and it seems I'm just getting a lot of "someone told me..." "I've heard..." "I've read...."

I mean everything from like killing the beneficial bacteria.... Making fish blind... Making fish bleed from the inside out.... Then people also saying they've had a black light on their tank for 4 years with no I'll effect... Haven't really found anything backed by scientific evidence though.

Anyone have a link to a university study on the topic?

Yes they will survive with it 8 ft away. The glass blocks the harmful rays that will cause blindness. Another thing im just mentioning, that lucky bamboo is gonna die unless you put the leaves out of the water. The bamboo also is poisonous if your fish decide to eat the leaves but your tank is awesome in a completely different way! Whats that snake looking thing thats white?

I read about te whole bamboo thing too, I figured if it started looking bad I'd move it to a vase or something lol

And the white thing is a "glass knot" lol. I think it's originally sold is like a paper weight or something. To be honest i just thought it was a lol cool Knickknack lol. Thanks for the compliment btw :)

I read about te whole bamboo thing too, I figured if it started looking bad I'd move it to a vase or something lol

And the white thing is a "glass knot" lol. I think it's originally sold is like a paper weight or something. To be honest i just thought it was a lol cool Knickknack lol. Thanks for the compliment btw :)

I want one! Where did you get it from?

I got it for my bday from my sister, but they sell them at Z Gallerie. They have them in black gold white and completely clear :)

Yeah u can order them from their online store. I'm in the US, South Carolina to be specific. Here I just googled "glass knot z Gallerie" and it was the first result. I don't know if I can post links on the forum or not... But here's the link lol. http://m.zgallerie.com/p-13490-glass-knot.aspx

Sweeeeet!!! Thanks. Yes that link is fine here. I appreciate it. Im in texas so that's a good drive. Ill order one!

Back
Top Bottom