Planted Mr. Aqua 2G Nano Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sent an email to support@seachem.com, exchanged emails, and they offered to send me one.

Amano shrimp and H. Amandae are not mutually exclusive of one and other, no reason not to get and keep both. The ember tetras we got are so small (<3/8") that we are keeping them in our 2G cube until our 60P is up and running. I will be introducing Amanos into the 60P after it is established well established along with more otos.

I sent them an email, thanks. I may just get both then :D

Just out of curiosity - will you be posting a thread about the new 60P?

I sent them an email, thanks. I may just get both then :D

Just out of curiosity - will you be posting a thread about the new 60P?

I hopr you get a favorable reoly from seachem

Yes, I have a thread on the 60P, its in my sig; 23G Community Tank Build

We've got shrimplets!

We have had 2 berried rillis since around 9/21, now up to 4 of our females are berried and once of them has fewer eggs than I remember.

Did a 50% WC last night and his morning while staring at the tank... SHRIMPLETS!

Good thing we just got our delivery of Jake's Shrimplet Growth yesterday

I've only seen two so far... tiny little buggers.
d6zpUQstmPEuL1rO5qCXBi73f1KajgnVs19M5xSh5_8=w958-h476-no

20131016_073923.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics

Any advice re care and feeding besides what I find online?

Last edited:
Congrats on the babies... I need to get some shrimp myself. I did multiple things wrong on the 60F and my shrimp population died off.

We have had 2 berried rillis since around 9/21, now up to 4 of our females are berried and once of them has fewer eggs than I remember.

Did a 50% WC last night and his morning while staring at the tank... SHRIMPLETS!

Good thing we just got our delivery of Jake's Shrimplet Growth yesterday

I've only seen two so far... tiny little buggers.

Sorry about the crappy pics

Any advice re care and feeding besides what I find online?

Congrats! I only saw a few at first then I saw others as days passed (RCS). I don't clean the back or side tank walls and that is where I frequently see them crawl around. There is a brownish colored film on those surfaces and that is where the snails and limpets hang out.

Congrats on the babies... I need to get some shrimp myself. I did multiple things wrong on the 60F and my shrimp population died off.

Bummer dude... I can ship a care package your way in a month or so :)
On another subject, remind me, you are dosing PPS-Pro, no?
I'd love to know your routine...

Congrats! I only saw a few at first then I saw others as days passed (RCS). I don't clean the back or side tank walls and that is where I frequently see them crawl around. There is a brownish colored film on those surfaces and that is where the snails and limpets hang out.

Thanks Fresh!

I was surprised to see shrimplets in the tank this soon as we only noticed our first berried girl on 9/21 - normal Neo gestation is around 30+ days, IIRC.

Personally, I don't clean the glass of the shrimp tank at all; partially because I'm lazy, and secondly because it's a potential source of food for them.

I've been able to curb GSA in this tank by limiting photocycle, but I did throw one nerite in there for good measure.

Bummer dude... I can ship a care package your way in a month or so :)
On another subject, remind me, you are dosing PPS-Pro, no?
I'd love to know your routine...

Yeah PPS-Pro but I slightly modified it by increasing my CSM+B dosing and PO4. Rivercats has the PPS-PRO customization on point though... you know me and my pragmatic ways!

I'd appreciate that care package! I think I screwed up by having my co2 on a timer versus running it on low but non-stop. I think the pH swings didn't help. Secondly, I got complacent on my filter maintenance. Although I did PWC 's, I neglected the filter thinking the bioload was miniscule anyways.

Shrimplet Day 1 Update

As the day goes on we are seeing more individual shrimplets of varying sizes. So perhaps more than one female or hatching in waves over time.

Of the 4 berried females we have identified, one has only 1 egg left, two are fully clutched and one just berried-up. FWIW, the one with only 1 egg left shed this morning, so she might be ready to go again, though her saddle is not visible yet.

We have a big wad of java moss between the DW and back wall of the tank where I suspect the females are hatching out and the shrimp are hanging out until they can see... it is suggested that they are blind or vision impaired upon hatching.

According to Shrimp Reproduction article on Planet Inverts, Neocaridina shrimp hatch out blind (or at least with underdeveloped eyes) and will most likely hide for the first few hours (or days) - seems there is not much definitive info out there on the early life stages and development of hobby shrimp, it just happens.

I'd love to find more sources of info that document in detail the early development and life cycle of these little guys.

Yeah PPS-Pro but I slightly modified it by increasing my CSM+B dosing and PO4. Rivercats has the PPS-PRO customization on point though... you know me and my pragmatic ways!

I'd appreciate that care package! I think I screwed up by having my co2 on a timer versus running it on low but non-stop. I think the pH swings didn't help. Secondly, I got complacent on my filter maintenance. Although I did PWC 's, I neglected the filter thinking the bioload was miniscule anyways.

I picked up the PPS-Pro kit from nilocg over on SCAPE and will start dosing today: 1ml per 10G of both Macros and Micros. Will see in time what if anything needs to be added or modified.

I have CO2 on a timer but not in my shrimp tank. I have heard from so many guys that shrimp and high-tech really don't mix well... KISS when it comes to shrimp you care about.

I clean the filter on our shrimp tank every 2 to 3 weeks... I hope that is not neglectful of me. My last WC was yesterday, before that I can't remember when... I need to start keeping logs on each tank, apparently.

Making XLSX maintenance form now!

Back
Top Bottom