PLECO11771's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 29 gallon:

My 29 gallon Oscar grow out tank, he's only about 5 inches right now and Im looking into replacing it with a 75 gallon. Currently running an Aqeon 30 and a Tetra whisper 15.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422507103.582063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My 29 gallon:

My 29 gallon Oscar grow out tank, he's only about 5 inches right now and Im looking into replacing it with a 75 gallon.

View attachment 262622

Looking into Centerpiece fish such as a Betta or Dwarf Guarami... any other suggestions?

More oscars? Oscars tend to be aggressive towards most other fish

More oscars? Oscars tend to be aggressive towards most other fish
Oops, my bad all fixed.

That was meant for my 10 gallon;

Currently stocked with 6 neons, soon to be 9, and am looking into a centerpiece fish such as a Dwarf Guarami or Betta, any other ideas?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422507804.708216.jpg

If all you want is a center piece fish for the ten then i would go with the Dwarf Guarami, they get a little bigger then the Betta. I would also look at some small fish for the bottom of the aquarium, and little Oto's for the algae crew.

The Oscars in the 29, and he needs help with his little ten gallon.

Thanks for the input!

Im probably going to go with a Dwarf Guarami, specifically a powder blue.

As for the bottom Im really not sure, I love Cory's but don't have access to pygmy's at my LFS, any other ideas? How would my bio load be only running a Tetra 15 with 45% water changes twice a week.

Maybe even more Neons and some ghost shrimp but? Im not sure how the shrimp would fair with the Guarami.

You'll need to do a 50% wc on that oscar tank daily, they have a huge bioload and are susceptible to such issues as hlle and hith in poor water conditions. I'd have to strongly recommend getting that 75 tommorow or taking him back..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Update:

Got three more Neons to bump the school up to 9, and decided to go with a Platy and two Male guppies instead if the dwarf gourami

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422932143.061674.jpg

The 10 gallon is doing great with the new fish!

The 9 Neons are doing really well, same with the Guppies and Platy.

Back
Top Bottom