Pleco's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol my wife is coming around she's actually buying me a 120 gallon aquarium

Ohhh I'm so jealous! My husband is totally fine with me getting whatever tank or fish I want, but I just don't have room for anymore.

Got my 120 today this is the starting stage I'm building a stand for it tomorrow will post more pics when I'm done

Attachments

• image-648339237.jpg
    image-648339237.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 215
Finished still a lil cloudy from the sand

Attachments

• image-1126309906.jpg
    image-1126309906.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 215
Why are the fish in there? Are you doing a fish in cycle?

Looks good! I like a lot of twisted and gnarled drift wood too. Plecos will be happy in that environment. Are they all getting along still? It's probably just not a good idea to have multiple mature male and same species of pleco in a aquarium.
Some day I'd like to go big, 150gallon or so.

Because the tank wasn't new plus I used my old filter and everything that was in my old tank plus water so it was like doing a 50 percent water change without taking water out..checked all my levels when I was done with it before putting my fish in they were almost exactly the same as my old tank

Yes my plecos are living harmoniously they have so much room, plus my smaller ones can hide if needed. my larger common plecos have actually built caves under a couple rocks by burrowing in the sand.
I got lucky with this aquarium one of our friends from church seen where I posted on Facebook about wanting a 120 and he talked to my wife last Sunday and said he had one for 200.00 so that's why I got it. Talk about a great Christmas gift

Here is my Marble Horned Plecostomus boguardin zucchini from a couple cell mates. He's gotten so bad that I need to put in two baited rocks so the Mbunas get theirs. The fin rot seems to be improving since my last post. A big 70% water change went down 8 days ago. I think I'll need to do a 60-70% change on this smaller aquarium about every 3 weeks for big pleco sail fins.

Attachments

• image-396031825.jpg
    image-396031825.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 227
  • image-2688579027.jpg
    image-2688579027.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 242
You can see his/her left eye received some trauma today from a rock or another fish. looks like conjunctivitis. I'll monitor the situation. It's not hampering the appetite any, eating machine!

After checking on my plecos condition at feeding time this evening, I discovered he/she is now without an eye. The plecos activity level is much lower than normal. Fin rot recovery with the loss of one eye recently has him/her laying low. One good eye for navigation is better than being blind folded.

Same Pleco (L134 Imperial Leopord) by far my favorite fish!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image-1553889122.jpg
    image-1553889122.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 187
  • image-4244073193.jpg
    image-4244073193.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 179
Back
Top Bottom