Ponyo in a 20 Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice one nirbhao, havent kept up in a while and just spent most of the afternoon re-reading most of the posts, are rams known for eating shrimp then? I rehomed my 2 goldfish and ive made the switch to tropical, currently got 12 diamond neon tetras, and 5 harlequin rasbora, going to get 5 more next week, but i was potentially planning a male and female electric blue ram depending on how theyd manage in a tank with aquarium soil and a completely aquascaped tank, as i know they like to dig pits in the substrate to lay eggs, not sure how im going to handle that with aquarium soil rather than an inert sand, but if they do eat shrimp, thats gonna be a bummer, i wanted some blue dream shrimp in too

Nice one nirbhao, havent kept up in a while and just spent most of the afternoon re-reading most of the posts, are rams known for eating shrimp then? I rehomed my 2 goldfish and ive made the switch to tropical, currently got 12 diamond neon tetras, and 5 harlequin rasbora, going to get 5 more next week, but i was potentially planning a male and female electric blue ram depending on how theyd manage in a tank with aquarium soil and a completely aquascaped tank, as i know they like to dig pits in the substrate to lay eggs, not sure how im going to handle that with aquarium soil rather than an inert sand, but if they do eat shrimp, thats gonna be a bummer, i wanted some blue dream shrimp in too
My pair don't cause any problems with the plants, but, yeah, they ate the small shrimp enthusiastically. The black rose survived several weeks before I removed her.

Still loving the retaining wall in there.

Fish need to have some respect and not eat their eggs - I am sure the Rams do not go hungry.

2 Assassins and plenty of MTS... hmmm the MTS not as tasty as the tank foods?!?

Still loving the retaining wall in there.

Fish need to have some respect and not eat their eggs - I am sure the Rams do not go hungry.

2 Assassins and plenty of MTS... hmmm the MTS not as tasty as the tank foods?!?
I'm trying to do more floating foods for the fish. The thing is that the assassins should be breeding by now, so I think we might have a population problem.

Mine didn't breed til I had 4-6, now they're the overpopulation issue NOT the MTS

Going to try & sell the larger ones for now, if that doesn't go may have to give them away because I don't think loaches will eat them

Drop in a couple meaty wafers and come back in half to an hour and scoop them out into a container. It can be really surprising how many there can be.

This was a 16G tank that I had "some" in and then saw this
60074-albums9763-picture66475.jpg

Mine didn't breed til I had 4-6, now they're the overpopulation issue NOT the MTS

I know that my guy will buy mine, so seems like that's not a bad route for this tank.
Drop in a couple meaty wafers and come back in half to an hour and scoop them out into a container. It can be really surprising how many there can be.

This was a 16G tank that I had "some" in and then saw this
60074-albums9763-picture66475.jpg
They are pretty overwhelming.
IMG_20180702_135213175.jpeg

And snails in general poop - a LOT! I cleaned out a container which had a planted bowl thing going on and I rinsed poop out of there for 20 min. and still didn't get it all Granted it was from maybe a year/ year and a half but who could imagine just snails, mostly RH not MTS as many of them. With water changes of course.

Hope Drago gets to feeling better fast.

Back
Top Bottom