progress with planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tank seems to be coming along fine, and the water actually seems cleaner (not that it was dirty, but with plants it just looks so natural) my betta could not be happier, and I've even had some kuhli spottings in the blixya this morning. Here's what I got so far hope you guys approve lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110719_231011.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_231011.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 279
  • ForumRunner_20110719_231047.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_231047.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 277
Here's some more, cuz everyone loves pics

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110719_231305.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_231305.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 296
  • ForumRunner_20110719_231320.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_231320.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 267
  • ForumRunner_20110719_231337.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_231337.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 263
  • ForumRunner_20110719_231407.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_231407.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 245
This is probobly my favorite piece so far though. Can't wait till its attached and covered :) any tips on planting ideas/styles. I call this my jungle tank :D

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110719_231541.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110719_231541.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 249
This is probobly my favorite piece so far though. Can't wait till its attached and covered :) any tips on planting ideas/styles. I call this my jungle tank :D
i can see why:)
and sorry,im horrible at aquasccaping,your tank looks better than any of mine do:(

Oh golly no way, its still a wreck. I keep inching the driftwood to get it just right, so its surrounded with b.a, and the hairgrass. I have no experience with any of these though, and not sure what the glosso will do. (Hopefully cover that log!)

The blyxa does look very healthy... but it looks like it might be planted a little deep. If it is planted too deep, it can cause the leaves to rot at the base. You want the rosette to be just burried, with the leaves pretty much completely above the substrate.

The next challenge will be to get that blyxa to turn gold/orange. You know your tank is jammin' if you can get it to that color :)

Pffft... planted tank mortals such as myself don't even aspire to that goal. ;)

Ok I will go through the blixya tomorow and check (lights just went out, and I already fed the vampire, and don't want to disturb him (or the kuhlis))the rosette is the one with the broad, darker leaves?ill fix that as well, I was also thinking of adding a bit more sand, and putting the cave on stilts of sorts. The vampire keeps digging under it, and it leans back more and more every hour or so lol.I figure thid way he can have his cave, but it will be more sturdy so he can burrow under it.
Another question, the glosso, is that planted right. I just nestled a few roots, but left some exposed to grab that dw. I'm hopng itl cover it up...

Woah, blyxia gets gold/orange! Awesome! I've been switching the lights on front half and back half each cycle, cause I figured that would help them out.
Tomorow night ill buy the diy c02, and get that rollin. I love my new plants almost more that the fish now

I hear that. I have planted tanks with fish in them... Not fish tanks with plants in them ;). You have a great start there.

Thanks reefphan. I'm still working on it though. I may attemp a christmas moss wall in the future, but I'm stil on the fence with that one

One thing that would look good on that dw would be to get a moss ball and break it up and tie it on with fishing line it looks nice when it grows out..... Also if u do a wall of moss I have found a good way to do it that makes it easier and less likely to rot in the center is use rocks here is a pick of mine to give u an idea

I hear that. I have planted tanks with fish in them... Not fish tanks with plants in them ;). You have a great start there.

*ha* I'm begining to feel that way with my tanks. I check on my plants more then I do my fish some days.

What does blyxa look like when it's gold/orange? A bunch of mine is a pale color with red lines through out it.

It won't ever get as orange as rotala w, but it will get a nice golden color, with little specs of red along the veins. The key is high light, high co2, and keeping the tank N limited.

Back
Top Bottom