Rainbow Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Javier Alexis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a rainbow shark last week and he is just hiding in a fake driftwood or in the fake algae. Is this Normal? ( I have a 20gallon tank/2 platys and one tiger barb)

I just got a rainbow shark last week and he is just hiding in a fake driftwood or in the fake algae. Is this Normal? ( I have a 20gallon tank/2 platys and one tiger barb)

Yes it is normal, they normally aren't active until they claim their territory then they will wander once their comfortable. One night check the tank once it's dark you probably find him/her swimming around.

Thanks!
Btw: he is supposed to eat the leftovers? I barely see him eat when I feed them...

Thanks!
Btw: he is supposed to eat the leftovers? I barely see him eat when I feed them...

I have never experienced my shark as being the clean up guy, he goes nuts for the bottom feeder tablets and algae wafers. Other than that he's not interested in what's floating or resting at the bottom. Mine also grazes on the algae on the glass and driftwood/plants

Back
Top Bottom