Recently Rescaped 55g with Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GIZMOSPAZZ

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey Everyone,

I just finished rescaping the tank a couple days ago, and I'm proud of how it turned out. The plants seem to grow like mad, so I took the opportunity to change it up a bit. I'll be glad to answer any questions about the tank. Oh, and yes, this tank has a goldfish in it but also has real plants! It is possible with a little extra effort.
:)

Before:
1390914806031.jpg

After:
1390914712137.jpg

Thanks!

Edit: I don't know why the plants look so yellow in the after photo. I assure you they are green.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, everyone!

It also irks me when people use bowls. I have persuaded more than one person not to get a goldfish before at the pet store when I saw them looking at the bowls. I stopped watching the show Tanked due to how they treated goldfish in the one episode. They made a drum set into multiple little tanks. They said goldfish would be perfect for the top tiny drums because they don't require filtration or a lot of space. They just need an airstone. I've boycotted that show since that episode. Infuriating! They are portrayed as professionals, so I can't even imagine how many people followed their advice. On top of that, they made the drums playable. So kids get to drum on top of the goldies' tanks.

1390975850328.jpg

In each of those top 4 tiny drums are multiple goldfish.
Sorry about the rant, the cruelty just astounds me.

It's an AquaticLife Dual T5HO

Thank you!

Thanks, everyone!

It also irks me when people use bowls. I have persuaded more than one person not to get a goldfish before at the pet store when I saw them looking at the bowls. I stopped watching the show Tanked due to how they treated goldfish in the one episode. They made a drum set into multiple little tanks. They said goldfish would be perfect for the top tiny drums because they don't require filtration or a lot of space. They just need an airstone. I've boycotted that show since that episode. Infuriating! They are portrayed as professionals, so I can't even imagine how many people followed their advice. On top of that, they made the drums playable. So kids get to drum on top of the goldies' tanks.

View attachment 219511

In each of those top 4 tiny drums are multiple goldfish.
Sorry about the rant, the cruelty just astounds me.

I agree! The drums are outrageously cruel :-(

Love your beautiful tank - wish I could work out how to get plants to work.

Thanks!

It took a ton of trial and error. A lot of dead plants. And almost a sledgehammer to the tank. But we finally figured it out! (Luckily before the sledgehammer came into play.) You can do it! It just takes time.
:)

That's good to hear!

Thank you for the vote of confidence - I'll keep at it. My fishies much prefer live to faux plants - they aren't fooled by the latter at all!

Back
Top Bottom