Reentry--my 45

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aCl4B19yVuZLlUQd-VYmoNnfb4XvZhyoyXog2RyUoLoLAYspN

He managed to fish out 4 adults for me. They're now happily bubbling about the little hex tank cleaning up all the junk that was in there. One already has eggs!

Oh, and he also thoughtfully included a couple frogbits (I think they were hitchhikers just like the little shrimplets in truth, but hey, gift horses and all that) that are now floating on top.

And a pound of Osmocote+ and some gel caps are now on order (as well as a turkey baster for maybe helping to clean out the new shrimp tank when the time comes) (and as well as an oil filter, but that's not important to this conversation). Now I will have more root tabs for 15 bucks than API or whoever could possibly imagine (whuahahaha).

I posted this on the Shrimp Tank photo thread, but thought it ought to go here, too:

AaICmA-XdNuCGn55x98vlk3c0E9uGu8FPXI1gw46hIELAYspN

And now this thread is going out beyond just the 45 gallon, but at least the "Reentry" part is correct... I never had more than one tank at a time until now.

dsc01481.jpg

I broke out the big camera again with the macro extender.

Oh, and regarding the big tank, check out my first Anubias:

IMG_20141107_082333482.jpg

Look at all those new little leaves!

Those are healthy looking new leaves.

Oh btw in case you might not be aware, the Osmocote can give off an ammonia spike, I have heard. I have a drawer with about 40 from a fellow hobbyist, the original Osmocote, but am a little nervous about those in my shrimp tank, though others have used them. Just a possible heads up caution.

Yeah, I'm not sure I want to brave it in the little tank, but I'm looking forward to seeing them in the big one.

In other news, I wasn't able to resist the siren call of the Anubias today and bought another one.

Yelling into the tin can from the far end of the string

In other news, I wasn't able to resist the siren call of the Anubias today and bought another one.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Anubias are awesome plants. I have a real Nana, Petite, sometimes called Micro, with leaves about the size of a letter Q to the size of a pencil eraser, but of course shaped like Anubias leaves. Quite surprising how little it is. I don't have a pic, but I will get around to taking one soon.

Well, the one right above was called "Anubias Nana long and wavy," the one I bought last week was Congensis, and the newest one was just a simple Nana.

One of my Favourite Anubias plants is an afzelli...has anyone ever had the thought of an Anubias only tank. I'm picturing like one big massive coffiefolia with barteris and afzelli around with heaps of driftwood and nanas "sprouting" from little small rock formations.

Had a molt in the shrimp tank this morning, hope that's a good sign!

The new Anubias fits right in.

Attachments

• 1415553664991.jpg
    1415553664991.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 143
I think I personally like the look of a variety of textures and colors, but an "A lot of Anubias" tank is still good!

Hey! I was just looking at the shrimp and I'm pretty sure I saw one of the babies again... either that our the pregnant one has started to hatch her eggs! That's kinda exciting either way!

Got in a tiny bottle of Osmocote+, and some gel capsules... half an hour later I used up a quarter of the bottle and have probably a lifetime supply of root caps, all for about 15 bucks and a cramped hand. Also got some water Wisteria from Petschmo, and am about to embark on a bit of wet work... wish me luck. Oh, and the baby shrimp was confirmed, I officially have 5 shrimp.

Hey, saw the other little shrimp this morning! I now officially have 6 shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom