Reentry--my 45

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wya9Lqj.jpg

I moved the Buce into the Edge, so you can get a good picture of it from top down. Looks pretty nice!

BDeVU5A.jpg

I really like the markings on this little guy. It's the smallest one of the 3 Bushynose Plecos I've got. The store I bought them from breeds them and I gather it's a cross between an albino and a regular BN. Most of the time he's just brown but when there's food in the water he gets this dark brown and white patterning. Pretty fun :)

Cute guy! Very different looking pattern. Have you seen the Calicos? Many newer type color patterns getting popular!

wya9Lqj.jpg

I moved the Buce into the Edge, so you can get a good picture of it from top down. Looks pretty nice!

Looks like some new leaves opening up??? Doesn't look like melting yet.

It's hard to say, but we'll see how it looks in a week maybe :)

My heater (Aqueon Pro) was broken, I'm pretty sure, the red light never turns off. I can't tell if just the light is broken, or if it's actually stuck on, but I picked up a Fluval M heater at the LFS yesterday. It's shiny silver, supposedly supposed to blend in because it's reflective I guess? Not sure about that, but it seems to be working anyway. There's always the dilemma of "what does submersible really mean for these things" because of the lawyer lines they put on them even if they're fully submersible, but there you go.

oOTtm8J.jpg

I uncovered my macro lens extension for the big camera and messed around a little bit. You have to take about 30 pictures to get one that is pretty good, but I like this one!

Nice, it's face stripes remind me of long whiskers.

One day when I can't find any chores to do, I will play with my 35mm camera. I have an old school and hubby got a newer one digital a little while back, I have never learned how to use the new one. So maybe when the winter has set in and I can't go out. I have a great lens for macro shots, just haven't really used it in ~30 years. Inspiring me to do more here.

Good! You should do it! I've got a basic Sony mirrorless big camera (I'm no photographer, I don't know where the SLR cutoff is!) that I can get adapters for to put on all sorts of lenses from other companies, so I'm using my dads old Minolta lenses that I bought some cheap extension tubes for to make it into a macro lens. It is a little shaky but you can make it work!

:eek: It happens slowly at first... and then "BAM"!!! you are being strangled of light.

It's cool but so very big, and bigger every day!

You can try planting some more of them. I haven't had that good of growth with the planted ones.

Yeah, what I had mostly died off when we went on vacation this summer, so it's good that it's back, even if it's taking over. The hatchetfish love it, at least :) I've got one sprig planted down in the corner, just so I could see what it did. So far, not much. But it's not dying at least...

If you haven't already used them, the Arrowhead plants do extremely well as rooting in /growing out the top of the tank plant. One of my favorites, and also mini anthurium will bloom like crazy if it gets good light - and it is really pretty.

Yeah, I've got some arrowhead plant, some pothos, the mimosa pudica experiment, and one mystery plant that we have that I pulled a sprig of out of the giant pot to see what it would do. I'll have to look in to the anthurium!

Nice. B. Bradbury loves the Chinese Evergreen but they have toxic seeds and maybe other parts, like many houseplants can be toxic to cats (kids and other living creatures) chewing leaves, seeds, etc, and sap.

Always say to check on that poison issues if applicable to ones situations.

Rachel O'leary loves that Mimosa plant. Uses it in the planted summer tubs, thinking it overwinters in her tanks as well.

She also uses bunches of carnivorous plants which are pretty interesting!!! She has some youtube videos of that.

The Swiss Cheese plant is another fun one with lots of vining, don't know its scientific name.

Back
Top Bottom