Restarting my 28 gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone! I recently completely redid my 28 gallon tank. It's still cycling so I only have 3 fish right now (left over from the old set-up, you might be able to see the 2 neons in the front and my gourami hiding in the upper right) but once the nitrates level out I'm hoping to start adding some more fish soon! Any suggestions on some fun fish?

img_1416014_0_7ccdcd1770cb7b4513567cc4988d6b93.jpg

Agreed, how about 6 more neons, and a pair of peacock gudeons?

Agreed, how about 6 more neons, and a pair of peacock gudeons?
Thanks for the advice. I definitely want to get more neons though maybe not as many as six. I'm a bit leery about the peacock gudeons though since I've heard they can get aggressive and are carnivores. Another website said they need to be kept in harems with 4-5 females per male and I don't think I'll have room for anything else if I do that.

Where did you hear that? I personally don't keep peacock gudgeons but I have done some research (they have peaked my interest) and they are not agressive, unless spawning. You only have to keep one male to two females also.

Thanks for the advice. I definitely want to get more neons though maybe not as many as six. I'm a bit leery about the peacock gudeons though since I've heard they can get aggressive and are carnivores. Another website said they need to be kept in harems with 4-5 females per male and I don't think I'll have room for anything else if I do that.

I have a pair in a 29 gallon community tank; they spawn all the time and they're not aggressive, they only protect their little rock. Also, that website is bollocks, I have a perfectly content 1 male and 1 female!

Actually i've decided I'm going to have 8 neons, 1 gourami, 1 snail and 2 dwarf cichlids (haven't decided what kind yet).

Okay, that sounds pretty good. Just be aware that a pair of dwarf cichlids can become aggressive when spawning, too, more so than peacock gudgeons.

Back
Top Bottom