salt to fresh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 75 gallon set up for salt already cycled.thinking of switching to fresh water.i am done with spending hundreds of dollars on fish.i have coral sand and plenty of decorations.what do i need to do for the change over besides changing all the water out?i guess freshwater need cycling also.i'm thinking of doing all discus cause i think that would look awesome having a bunch of large fish with color

I've changed my 72 gallon to freshwater about 2 months ago, and let me tell you its so much easier to take care of it and also less expensive. What i did was ( u don't need the skimmer anymore), take out the old media from the filter and install a new one, make sure u wash everything from the salt, cycle the new tank for about 1 week and you are ready to go if i didn't miss anything :)

thanks,i decided to try one more time and get two dwarf lions and a few more poisonous.if that doesnt work i'll go to the other side.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom