Show me your crawfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmay33

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is mine. :)

Attachments

• image-1391716757.jpg
    image-1391716757.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 335
  • image-3973348805.jpg
    image-3973348805.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 336
  • image-3693161711.jpg
    image-3693161711.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 313
Whoops. I don't know how the middle picture got in there!

I love those arch things you have in the corners. And your crayfish is beautiful!

Thank you! They're made for turtles, but he loves them! :)

Those corner arch things are great! I had one for my leopard gecko. She loved it. I was leery of it at frost, but I was at Wally world and they had it marked down for almost nothing.

Here's a picture of when I caught one of mine. That's a Gatorade bottle lid he's in just to show how small he was when I caught him.
The second picture is just from where the fella was growing and enjoying the tank.

He's around 6" or more now and still extremely healthy. Since his addition I've added 2 other crawdads. They all reside in a 55g that I breed guppies in.

Attachments

• image-1632132560.jpg
    image-1632132560.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 284
  • image-757994145.jpg
    image-757994145.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 270
Jeremy S. said:
Here's a picture of when I caught one of mine. That's a Gatorade bottle lid he's in just to show how small he was when I caught him.
The second picture is just from where the fella was growing and enjoying the tank.

He's around 6" or more now and still extremely healthy. Since his addition I've added 2 other crawdads. They all reside in a 55g that I breed guppies in.

That's awesome! He was so tiny!!! Do they eat the guppies often?

I caught him the other night upside down hanging from floating plants trying to catch them but if he is eating them I can't tell. They breed almost to fast to notice.

Here a picture of a tank mate. They're so calm around people because I've raised them since they were 1" or less.

Ill get a picture of the big one that was in that bottle cap when I first caught him.

Attachments

• image-4062854158.jpg
    image-4062854158.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 278
Here's a picture of the fella from the Gatorade cap! Just took this.

Attachments

• image-483165928.jpg
    image-483165928.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 269
Jeremy S. said:
Here's a picture of the fella from the Gatorade cap! Just took this.

Wow! He's huge!!! I can't wait until mine gets that big! This was my guy earlier today.

Attachments

• image-3664144986.jpg
    image-3664144986.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 279
Tetra1990 said:
Those corner arch things are great! I had one for my leopard gecko. She loved it. I was leery of it at frost, but I was at Wally world and they had it marked down for almost nothing.

Yep! I actually had to pay $10 for each of mine. Lol but way worth it! I've used them for a lot of different things.

crayfish problem..

Hi jmay33.
Here's some pics of my crayfish. As I told you the other night when I wrote to you, it looks like his claws were deformed after this last molt. He has a real problem moving around with these big clumsy things. It's been a week since his molt. Did his claws just get deformed? Anything I can do...lol or is he destined to look like this for the rest of his days...I am planning to move him from his 10 gallon to a new roomier 20 gallon tank this weekend seeing as he has no grown to about 6 or 7 inches

Attachments

• cray 001.jpg
    cray 001.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 200
  • cray 002.jpg
    cray 002.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 179
  • cray 003.jpg
    cray 003.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 183
It does look unusual. If he just drags them around, I'm sorry to say you may have a handicapped crawfish! If he is still active and eats, it shouldn't affect him much. Maybe if it happened after a molt, he will fix it. I would research and make sure it couldn't be caused by a deficiency. Calcium maybe? I have no idea! I say just enjoy him anyway! Here is my guy hoarding an algae wafer.

Attachments

• image-2628846228.jpg
    image-2628846228.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 173
He has no problem eating and he still likes bulldozing all the sand around in the tank. Maybe with a little more room in his new tank, he will be able to move a little better. I have heard people say that they have clipped off the claws with no problem. Maybe the new ones would come in better but I have also heard that their crayfish died after that so I think I will leave them like they are...

Just a note on food. Mine absolutely go crazy for the Azoo shrimp breeding food. I think the brand is Azoo

He has no problem eating and he still likes bulldozing all the sand around in the tank. Maybe with a little more room in his new tank, he will be able to move a little better. I have heard people say that they have clipped off the claws with no problem. Maybe the new ones would come in better but I have also heard that their crayfish died after that so I think I will leave them like they are...

Just a note on food. Mine absolutely go crazy for the Azoo shrimp breeding food. I think the brand is Azoo

Sansouci, good call. I definitely think you should just leave him be. He does at least sound like a happy crawfish. :) I'm glad he's still doing well. Keep us updated when he molts. I'm interested to see if his condition improves!

Jeremy S, interesting! I've never fed that. I have fed shrimp pellets though. What are the ingredients like?

40782-albums10842-picture46464.jpg

Here is my self-cloning crayfish :)

Yeah. The babies has hatched and sticks onto momma cray's tail. ~6 more months before they grow to ~2inches.

Back
Top Bottom