Show off your Bolivian rams!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought three Bolivian rams from my LPS and I was wondering what how everyone else's color compared to mine. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398471294.991684.jpg

My petsmart doesn't sell those I had to order them from a small local pet store.
Mine is I think full grown about 3 inches in length already. I have a smaller female also but she is too busy looking for food so I couldn't get an accurate pic of her.

My petsmart doesn't sell those I had to order them from a small local pet store.
Mine is I think full grown about 3 inches in length already. I have a smaller female also but she is too busy looking for food so I couldn't get an accurate pic of her.

called ahead and asked my petsmart if they were in stock. I was actually looking for German blue cichlid but they were all out so I bought the last 3 Bolivians they had in stock. How much did you end up paying. I spent 5.50 per ram.

Germans are very beautiful. I read they are difficult so I don't won't to get involve. I'm too busy to put the extra care that they need.
I wanted Kribenses but they were out of stock also so I just got the Bolivians, and I'm really glad I did.
I paid 5.99$ for one and 4.99 for the other.
I bought them at different times of a week difference also. Hope they end up getting along. They most likely came from the same breeder though, but I will see.
How big is your tank? And what fish do you have them with?

Germans are very beautiful. I read they are difficult so I don't won't to get involve. I'm too busy to put the extra care that they need.
I wanted Kribenses but they were out of stock also so I just got the Bolivians, and I'm really glad I did.
I paid 5.99$ for one and 4.99 for the other.
I bought them at different times of a week difference also. Hope they end up getting along. They most likely came from the same breeder though, but I will see.
How big is your tank? And what fish do you have them with?

I have a 44 gallon pentagon and I did a lot of research on stocking my tank. My tank has only been running for 2 months. Currently in the tank are the Bolivians, angelfish, hatchetfish, and Cory catfish. What's in your tank?

Oh I see.
I have a regular 30 gallon.
I have an angel, dwarf gourami, kuhli loaches, and guppys.
Does your angel get along fine with them?

Oh I see.
I have a regular 30 gallon.
I have an angel, dwarf gourami, kuhli loaches, and guppys.
Does your angel get along fine with them?

Yeah, the only aggression I see in my tank are between my angels. What type of angel do you have?

I had 2 angels and the bigger one ended up killing the smaller one. I decided it was best to just leave one in the tank. Mm I'm not sure. I can take a picture later on.

They are gorgeous. About how big are they?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398491866.542118.jpg
This is mine
His color seems to be fading to a tan so who knows what kind he is.

I'm not sure never got around to asking anyone.
Mine is too. Do you happen to know the gender of your rams?

Petsmart only had three so I just bought them all I'm hoping I have at least one male and two female. It's hard to say unless you see one lay eggs. I've heard that the female have a rounder head or something. Probably had to do with being from South America, like angels the male and female almost look identical.

My petsmart only had three so I just bought them all. I'm hoping one is a male and the other two female. They seem to tolerate each other. I've heard that females have a rounder heard or something. It probably has to do something with being from South America, like angel fish the male and females are almost identical.

Oh. I watched a you tube that to identify them like a male has a pointy thing sticking out under his tummy and females don't.
That's how I told mine apart.

Back
Top Bottom