Side view of my planted 300 - another pic added

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the "carpet" you have there? How hard is that to grow? Is there any type of substrate required?

The "carpet" in Glossostigma. It grows very easily under high light and CO2. The substrate is Carbsea Eco-complete, 450 lbs. of it.

I do two 1/3 water changes weekly. One I just swap out water which takes an hour, the other I trim and vac and it takes 3 - 4 hours. Plant growth is doubled in a week on the stem plants. Luckily I have a LFS that loves my plants and gives me a great price for the clippings.

Just a note, I to admire Travis's tank, it's incredible what he has done with an African tank.

Thank you all for the comments, they are very appreciated,

Michael

That is beautiful Michael. Your plants look absolutely great :) Is there enough room for you to back up enough to get a full-tank pic of that monster? :lol:

Very, very nice Michael. That is simply outstanding. That must take a ton of work, hats off to you! More pics please!!

More pics

eacdeaf7.jpg

eacde9e7.jpg

eacde95b.jpg

eacde8e0.jpg

eacde869.jpg

eacde813.jpg

eacde73b.jpg

eacde6c9.jpg

eacde655.jpg

eacde5e5.jpg

eacde52e.jpg

I am so jealous. If I weren't so lazy, I would do a planted tank. Then I'd show you! Too bad that's never going to happen. :D

That is a female Snakeskin Gourami. She is 9" and one of the nicest fish in the tank. Snakeskins are from the same family as the Pearl Gouramis.

Back
Top Bottom