Snail id help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlitzCraze

Aquarium Advice Activist
Lace help me I'd this snail I found in one of my pants before I put him back in my tank!!

Attachments

• image-3822493526.jpg
    image-3822493526.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image-383114929.jpg
    image-383114929.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1302050948.jpg
    image-1302050948.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2102932929.jpg
    image-2102932929.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3020213942.jpg
    image-3020213942.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 61
Its all good thanks anyways if anyone has any idea let me know

It looks similar it was hatched about 1 month ago is there any way to e sure ?

I love mine, interesting little animals and they don't breed like rabbits either :)

I had either ramshorns or pond snails breed like rabbits....

It most likely is one, here's a few examples! They go by a lot of names, pond snails, tadpole snails etc

thm_025-freshwater-snail-physa-acuta-xa-064.jpg

images

Cool so it would be safe to put bak in my tank?
Yep, they MAY breed like rabbits if you are overfeeding but if you have any cories or plecs they should have a good meal out of the eggs anyway just don't overfeed, my rams are more out of control in breeding, they calm down with the right amount of food but no where near as much as my pond snails :D

Why didnt my cories eat the eggs! I hate my stupid cories! They hide ALL THE TIME and apparently dont eat snail eggs lol With that said... Im a bad overfeeder. Never got the right amount down pat...

Why didnt my cories eat the eggs! I hate my stupid cories! They hide ALL THE TIME and apparently dont eat snail eggs lol With that said... Im a bad overfeeder. Never got the right amount down pat...

The gel that the eggs are covered with harden over time they may have got to them too late, mine loved eating the gel/eggs, bad news for me when I was doing selective breeding :lol:

They reproduce at an astonishing rate...if you see them getting out of control you should cut back the amount of food you put in!

If you want to catch them easily drop a sinking food like an algae wafer in and they will all go to it and you can scoop a lot of them out...

Back
Top Bottom