so...do you wanna see an update of the TS/MCD tang tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The Travis Simonson/MyCatsDrool joint production?

tangtank110707x1024yz7.jpg

Whoa! That's awesome! I like how you went for a look and didn't worry about the volume the rocks take up in the tank. I love it.

I like the overall feel very much. Many things I like about this one and a few not so crazy about. The tank has a very soothing feel due to the rock choices. The drift wood helps balance the tank and the angle placement mirrors the angle of the rock formation on the right, once again adding balance. I find the texture nice also. So many tanks with large round rocks seem to feel flat when that is the main hardscape. The driftwood and center plants help by by breaking the continum of roundness but still flow. I find the vertical placement of the rock in the center out of place along with the foreground plantings. For me they distract from the overall appeal of the tank. To me they seem to comabt the overall "soothing flow" I feel when I looking at this tank. It will be very interesting to see how this tank progresses overtime.

black hills tj said:
Beautiful. What are the grassy plants in the middle?

Those are Blyxa aubertii, sort of a jumbo version of Blyxa japonica and very easy to grow, with enough light. They will even flower underwater.

Absolutely gorgeous!

(I agree with Lepomis about the little vertical rock in front, though.)

That weird rock in front was just stuck in as an afterthought and has already been relocated to a more suitable location :)

The H. verticellata in front is emersed growth form and is actually flowering right now. It will revert to submersed growth in time and should become substantially shorter and thicker, and should not look so out of place. That's the hope anyway.

So, ARLC meets the tropics once again eh? Actually, the tank appears to achieve the look of a lake bottom if Lake Tang had suddenly dropped in the middle of the Orinco basin. Not bad at all, great work you two. (y)

WaterPond said:
Love it!

So... i havn't seen you or Travis around the boards. Whats up with that?

We've been very, very busy kids since I got here =)

sweetness8t5 said:
What kind of fish are those?
Tank is beautiful!!!

They are neolamprologus birchardi sp "red spot" and sp. "blue eye"

Thanganyikan cichlids. Plans are in place to add Tropheus Moorii sp. "cut throat".

Thanks for the compliments =)

wow, looks like green set in a cup of rocks...amazing. great job guys...
don't love the driftwood, even though it matches the angle of the rocks...undermines the overall harmony of rocks and plants....
oh and tank size????

Back
Top Bottom