Stock for a 125g, 75g, 30g, 10g, 5g and 3g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
0.0 that would be way to challenging. I think I'll stick to the 30g for the reef.

It's actually kind of surprising but the bigger the tank the easier it is when it comes to salt water. If you did the 75 as a reef tank it would give you a more stable system than a 30

For the 75g

Reef lights $250+
Ro/di $150
Skimmer $150 at least
Sump even dyi is at least $100
Rock $150
Sand $6-20 if you use pool filter sand
Salt

That sounds like a reasonable estimate of the start up price.

Ya, i was going to do a 55g reef. But it would have cost me $700 not even counting the rocks,sand,corals, and inhabitants

Im upgrading my 20 to a 40b and it's going to cost me about 600. I am going for some really nice sps lighting though.

Defiantly only getting the 30g reef. The rest will be freshwater. :p I don't have that much money. I'm getting the 125 for Christmas as is.

That makes sense then :) But if it's not too late I would suggest going with a 40 breeder if you don't have the tank yet. It's not a huge expense increase and will give you a TON more aquascaping options.

That makes sense then :) But if it's not too late I would suggest going with a 40 breeder if you don't have the tank yet. It's not a huge expense increase and will give you a TON more aquascaping options.

What's the difference?

The footprint is the big difference. In a 30g the footprint is 36x12 while a 40 breeder is 36x18. The extra width gives you a lot more leeway in arranging your hardscape over the standard 12in wide tanks. Generally, people will pick a 40 breeder over a 55g almost every time. It's the same reason that cube tanks are becoming so popular.

The footprint is the big difference. In a 30g the footprint is 36x12 while a 40 breeder is 36x18. The extra width gives you a lot more leeway in arranging your hardscape over the standard 12in wide tanks. Generally, people will pick a 40 breeder over a 55g almost every time. It's the same reason that cube tanks are becoming so popular.

But I'm getting a 125g not a 55g

I was talking about for the reef tank :)

The 40 breeders are the most popular smaller standard tank size out there for a reef.

Back
Top Bottom