Tank good enough for Celestial Pearl Danios?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Water Wiggler

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi! This is my 10 gallon tank. I plan on getting some Celestial Pearl Danios soon. I've read that they are shy and need a lot of cover. I've just started planting real plants, so most of what you see is silk. I just added some floating anacharis, which is not in the picture. You can see the wood covered java moss added later in the second picture. That's for my future shrimp! What do you think? :)

Attachments

• current tank.jpg
    current tank.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 201
  • java moss on wood.jpg
    java moss on wood.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 204
Hey, I can see your pics!

I think that is great. Especially with the Floating plants, the fish will appreciate it!

Yipppeee! I'm glad I got the pics posted, somehow! I'm glad you approve. I never know how "heavily planted" heavily planted should be! I've seen some mega planted tanks! I figure that the house and dragon kind of count as...umm...plants? Ha, ha!

They like to feel safe with lots of plants. The top floating plants should make a big difference and their "school" size as long as you have about 8, when I had 12, I saw more of them, but they DO seem to love to hide a lot, even with about 20 they love to hide. But boy are they beautiful.

I hope the floating anacharis lives! I'm glad that I finally settled on a floating plant that can handle the turbulance of my bubble breathing dragon. The pretty floating plants that I wanted could not. I thought about getting some water wisteria, but I read that the roots are ugly when it's used as a floating plant. Too many decisions!

I'm worried about choosing 8 CPDs and leaving the rest at the pet store. They'll be lonely!

I hope the floating anacharis lives! I'm glad that I finally settled on a floating plant that can handle the turbulance of my bubble breathing dragon. The pretty floating plants that I wanted could not. I thought about getting some water wisteria, but I read that the roots are ugly when it's used as a floating plant. Too many decisions!

I'm worried about choosing 8 CPDs and leaving the rest at the pet store. They'll be lonely!

They will likely be tiny so very little bioload, just watch your parameters and and do pwc routinely. Get all of them. Then they won't be lonely!

Water wisteria can get long roots but i kinda like them, maybe not when they get too big, but the fish love them because it is more natural for them.

Driftwood is a good too.

They will likely be tiny so very little bioload, just watch your parameters and and do pwc routinely. Get all of them. Then they won't be lonely!

Water wisteria can get long roots but i kinda like them, maybe not when they get too big, but the fish love them because it is more natural for them.

Driftwood is a good too.

Good advice! I'll get all of them as long as he doesn't get 50. Ha, ha! He did say something about ordering 12, I think.

Drat. Maybe I should've gotten water wisteria. Oh, well. If this clunky stuff doesn't work out, I can always get it. Or maybe I should get both and see which one wins! :brows:

You can also plant the water wisteria, the leaves will be different.

I like to try all sorts of things, some work and some don't. I mentioned get all of the CPD because you had mentioned 12. 50, no!!! Aqua advisor said good to go for 12!

I just talked to the fish store guy. He orders fish every two weeks. Two weeks ago he told me to call him because he would most likely have celestial pearl danios this week. I just called. He hasn't gotten around to ordering, yet, but he checked and did not see these fish as available. He said to call him back around 3 because sometimes even if the fish isn't listed, it's available.

If the celestials aren't available, that means I'll have to wait another 2 weeks to MAYBE get the celestials. Sigh. I don't think I can do that. I'm thinking about going back to my original plan and getting neon tetras.

My tank has been really stable for a while now, so I think the neon tetras can handle it. In fact, after doing my bazillion percent water change last night, my nitrites are still 0 today even though I have .5 ammonia in my tap water!!! The Prime and Stability and time seem to be working! I may just have to try neon tetras and hope for the best.

Ahhh, that is unfortunate how the lfs guy didn't realize how important his word was. Often they don't order because they don't want to do the larger size order required, and the costs can be over whelming for them, if they were available even.

Go for the fish.

You can upgrade at a later time and add more of what you want. Often when you get some fish keeping under your belt you get a new idea about what you want to keep. You might change your mind many times before you finally decide!!!

I'm going to hold out for the celestials! There's a chance to get them this week. Now that they're hard to to get, I really want them! Ha, ha! They really are best for my tank situation. I would love to have neon tetras, but I keep reading that they need a minimum of a 20 gallon tank since they're such strong swimmers. Maybe I'm thinking too much. It wouldn't be the first time!

Back
Top Bottom