The Feng Shui Tank LIVES!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twoapennything

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got some new fish and was able to move my stock from the 10 gallon holding tank back into their 40 gallon home. LOL, I tried to go all Feng Shui - very auspicious! So auspicious that my molly decided to christen the auspicious tank by dying *sigh* - poor Guy Noir! I do plan on fixing the air tube so it's not visible, and I added a second bubble wand, vertically behind the little mountains in the corner.

Attachments

• Tank - 01.jpg
    Tank - 01.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Tank - 02.jpg
    Tank - 02.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Baby Calico Ryukin - 01.jpg
    Baby Calico Ryukin - 01.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 132
  • kissing gourami.jpg
    kissing gourami.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 133
Aww, thank you! That's very kind of you to say :) I like it so much better than the theme I had going before, which was a castle-like-thingee and tons and tons of plastic plants. I mean, my fish would die and I couldn't even FIND them because of all the crap I had stuck in that tank. I like that this is a lot simpler and there is much more room for the fish to actually swim and zoom around the tank. Funny, but I got 3 little albino coryadoras and they spend more time at the surface and at the middle of the tank than I would have ever imagined a cory would want.

I also got my first live plant. I have no idea what it is, but it floats at the top of the tank.

Oo, a Shinto shrine gate. Maybe the molly disrespected the gods.

mixed fish

Is it a good idea to put goldfish and tropical fish in the same tank? They have different preferences....

I like your moonligh gourami. I would have some but i've restricted myself to s.american fish only for a s. american river tank.

Plenty of goldfish live in ponds in the tropics.eg Bali. It is the waste and plant eating habits of goldfish that are more of a concern, but with proper maintanence it should be ok. It is a myth that goldfish must have cold water.

Just need to make sure nothing is picking on the goldfish, with fin shredding etc.

great looking tank, i would have never thought of something like that lol. my themes in 2 of my tanks are blue rocks, pirate ships, barrels, terracotta pots/ breeders and lots of anubias barteri, hardly a theme at all. lol.

you have done a great job :)

Back
Top Bottom