The Nursery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally broke down and bought a proper stand and trimmed the canister hoses. Boy what a difference in the flow. Put a lighter background on too. I still have more snails than I thought I did. Lol. IMG_2005.jpg
I might be imagining things but I think the phosphorus and less lighting is starting to dent the GSA. IMG_2006.jpg

Dinner time!IMG_2007.jpg

Last edited:
So the canister is under the tank now? Did not think shortening the hoses would have made that much of a difference. Congrats on the stand.

It is for this tank. My one in the office is still in the trash can to the right.

This tank was sitting on an old 22” high coffee table. The hoses were too long and in loops going to the canister.

Well...been real busy with holidays stuff and didn’t notice the sponge intake was pretty clogged. Like hardly any water was flowing. St first I suspected the canister but as soon as I removed the intake sponge the water flow picked up. We got ammonia and dead snails. Did a big time clean and moved many snails to a bucket to look for life signs. Oh my. Maybe I should rename the thread to “The Crypt”.

I need a thread with the same name for some of my problems... Seems like it's going around.

Very sorry to hear of the catastrophic clog and the losses. :(

How many living, was it more dead or more living?

I've been keeping up with everyone's posted disasters. It's so disheartening. Just goes to show that bad luck happens to even advanced hobbiest. I found out that I wasn't bullet
proof either. I lost six expensive fish yesterday to an unknown disease, probably Oodinium, introduced into my display tank by a new fish that had been quarantined. :(
TM it will all level out. Just be thankful your tank or canister filter didn't spring a leak or a malfunctioning heater didn't cook everything. Hang in there.

I chalk mine up to being too busy and not paying attention.

I lost 80% of the young snails. But my adults are still laying so there will be more soon.

PWC today. Added some Neons a week or so ago and added Honey Gourami yesterday. Still having problems with inverts in the tank. Perhaps I added too many roots tabs? Water tests are perfect. Copper tests are fine. But if I add a ramshorn snail to the tank it’s dead in 2 days. I’ll just keep changing water and no feet doses for a few months and try again.

I tried the poly filter and nothing surfaced. I use a double dose of Prime due to my crappy tap water. And it would be impossible to fish out the root tabs. 3-6 months I’ll try again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom