The Nursery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's funny when all the little shrimp are sitting up there like tiny red birds.

I decided Davy Jones is toxic and not tank appropriate without sealing. So being a total Disney geek I am going a different direction. I can't even look at it without the song "Poor Unfortunate Souls" playing in my head. IMG_7630.jpg

I moved this lace Java from my main tank to the nursery and the shrimplettes are cleaning it. IMG_7713.jpg

More are perched in the Nana Tree. IMG_7714.jpg

As soon as I have loads of these industrious critters I think I'll put some males in my main tank and see if the tetras leave them alone.

50% PWC and sand vacuum today. Fed all the critters in the back and tried to shoo them away while I vacuumed. I did find one shrimplette in the bucket about the size of a mosquito larvae. Put in back in with his cousins. IMG_7785.jpg

Some of them continued to snack even when I moved the feed dishes back to the front of the tank. IMG_7786.jpg

Today I changed the garnet sand out for black diamond. It's still clearing up but I love how much the shrimp pop now. This wasn't easy or fast. And the guppy grass exploded into millions of pieces so...out with it. IMG_8426.jpg
IMG_8427.jpg
IMG_8428.jpg

One problem though... while moving things around I found many empty young snail shells.

This tank was originally set up for the snails and I added a few shrimp. I was worried the snails would hog the food but it may be the other way around. I should start seeing egg clutches soon, as the days are longer and warmer the snails usually start laying more. I worry the shrimp are keeping them from eating?

Back
Top Bottom