The shooter's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that black sand substrate in the second tank, or black sand cap on soil? (I am just fascinated with dirted tanks now, and am getting ready to do a 10 gallon dirted tank for shrimp only.)

I'm using the aqueon 10 I wonder if that's why I have ammonia problems

IMO I would upgrade to the 30....it does a bang up job, but on the downside it does blow the plants around a bit an the intake needs cleared alot. I would think it would drop the ammonias once the pad gets full of BB and there is room to add sponges to help

Both 10 gal. And after I got the second one the LFG just put 20s on sale!!! $25 with hood light and filter!!!! ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!:banghead::banghead::eek:

Buy it and keep a 10 for a quarantine tank :cool:

Oh and you can add a filter pad usually to the
aqueon kind anyway, and piggyback it and double your ammonia gobbling BB!

How did you slope the sand like that? I think I have too much sand in mine I have about 3 inches :/

A vid of my tank. It just got a trim up. Ignore all the guppies but this is their breeding tank. Most of these babies will be going to the LFS for sale. Hope the vid posts!

Thanks Alyxx! It's joy to look at cuz it just like a jungle in my living room and the plants are all doing so well. Even got the twisted vals to shoot out runners, as well as the wendii crypts. And the dwarf sword have put out 3 runners now and I got cuttings of it in 3 tanks! But I always had a green thumb. My mom used to say that I could plant the Sahara desert and it'd grow.....

Some of your Guppy's tails remind me of Monarch Butterfly wings! :D

Thank you Autumnsky! The one red/orange/yellow tailed male does look like that.. I guess thats why I picked him out as Monarchs are my favorite butterfly and we have loads of them around here in the summer. All my boys have caught a Monarch caterpillar or two and raised them up to butterflies they let go. A good experiment for them and a beautiful insect! Think thats why I got him he looks like a Monarch flitting around all the plants! Now if I could get more babies from him!

Back
Top Bottom