TheresaM's tank thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Added a few more rasboras and shrimp to the Evolve. The fish seem to enjoy the shrimp food and get some great color from it:

img_3270567_0_ebb9c6daa37bdf83e744f75eb96b30ab.jpg

Heading to MI at the end of the week to move middle daughter back into her dorm so I've been busy with the tanks. Trimmed the hygro in the Spec, had stems 2" above the water line. Added some vals to the 16g; big WC in that tank as well. New mineral balls, IAL, and alder cones in all the shrimp tanks. Removed bunches of dwarf water lettuce from the Endlers tank; still have to pull snails (pest and MTS) from that tank and get rid of some duckweek from the jungle tank.

Shrimp looks especially deep red against the green.
An AA member sent me an IAL quite a while back. I should put it in the shrimp tank.
Have a safe trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Shrimp looks especially deep red against the green.
An AA member sent me an IAL quite a while back. I should put it in the shrimp tank.
Have a safe trip.
Shrimp seem to really like/appreciate the leaves. I put pieces in the smaller tanks and the shrimp are all over them. Sometimes they get moved around, not sure if that's due to shrimp or snails.

Almost a 9 hour drive but it'll be nice to see her. Really great lfs in Lansing that we're planning to visit as well!

Amazing colors on those shrimp! have a fun trip!
Some of them are just crazy, intense red! The original RCS in that tank are from two different sources but look nothing like that. Maybe the food?

The Endlers tank is packed with jungle vals so tonight I'm going to pull some out for the 16g which is very much in need of something. Pics either tomorrow or after the trip.

Quick shot tonight from the 2.5g:

img_3271475_0_4cdfa1196817942ba6d403bd64ef6c63.jpg

And the rasboras in the Evolve:

img_3271475_1_920667fdb0a25261b534d4b278e0f7d8.jpg

Last edited:
Heading to MI at the end of the week to move middle daughter back into her dorm so I've been busy with the tanks. Trimmed the hygro in the Spec, had stems 2" above the water line. Added some vals to the 16g; big WC in that tank as well. New mineral balls, IAL, and alder cones in all the shrimp tanks. Removed bunches of dwarf water lettuce from the Endlers tank; still have to pull snails (pest and MTS) from that tank and get rid of some duckweek from the jungle tank.

Welcome to the mitten!

Well, I was out running errands today and stopped at Petco. For some reason they had standard 2.5g tanks marked down considerably. Ended up getting one of those and a small, pretty female betta :hide:

Quick shot just after we got home:

img_3271676_0_ad727cabdf518c9bc7d8296cc4c2c485.jpg

Last edited:
Lucky, I could use those right about now. Pretty betta, I'm sure she will enjoy her new home!

Lucky, I could use those right about now. Pretty betta, I'm sure she will enjoy her new home!

I like the standard 2.5g, nice little tank. Going to go with light-colored sand in this one instead of the usual black.

Just dawned on me that this is my first female betta! :flowers:

So this was obviously an impulse purchase since I'm going away for the weekend...I rinsed and added sand to the tank. Going to put in a few rocks, some floating plants, and an established sponge filter. Am I missing anything?

img_3271720_0_effe61a597c6ed476c29e132520756b9.jpg

She's a feisty little girl though! I have her in a small bowl on my desk and every time I sit down she's swims over to visit.

Sounds good. Uh, heater maybe?

Just realized I have an empty 2.5G sitting around somewhere... :D

Empty tank....isn't that a crime?!?

Not going to do a heater right now. My other small tanks are running without heaters and maintain a steady 77.5°

So the arrangement for now is white sand, a few rocks, dwarf sag, dwarf water lettuce, and a small crypt I found floating in the jungle tank.

She seems to get settling in nicely. Looks more blue than green in the tank:

img_3271826_0_03756a4372840006b9104eb44af85dd7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom