TMRC's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the sevs.. kept with live plants? If so, destructo?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So far so good with an anubias and Java fern. General opinion is they destroy everything. The fern has been nomed on a bit but the anubias is untouched. We'll see how it goes as they grow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

On the sevs.. kept with live plants? If so, destructo?

My sev lived with an oscar. I had the best luck with anacharis. Some would get eaten or torn up; I'd plant it, they'd up root it...they liked to rearrange the tank :rolleyes: Ping pong balls were a good distraction.

So bad news on all fronts, a heater malfunction cost me my last two groups of guppy fry, and randomly found 1 Clown barb dead for no apparent reason. Guessing bullying was the issue.

Sorry to hear that bud.

On a lighter note, fire mouth looks awesome! Gonna be a beast some day.

Sorry , to hear that man , it almost got me a 2 times , a cracked heater and one that started to overheat.
I heard Cobalt had a problem with some if theirs, but now fixed.

Clem

So bad news on all fronts, a heater malfunction cost me my last two groups of guppy fry, and randomly found 1 Clown barb dead for no apparent reason. Guessing bullying was the issue.

Sorry to hear this...
I was secretly plotting a ram guppy trade...
Hope you get more from the parents.

What kind of heater?

Sorry to hear that bud.

On a lighter note, fire mouth looks awesome! Gonna be a beast some day.

Thanks, great to hear, he is working on beast status.

Sorry , to hear that man , it almost got me a 2 times , a cracked heater and one that started to overheat.
I heard Cobalt had a problem with some if theirs, but now fixed.

Clem

My issue was low temp, the room they're kept in reaches 48°, turned out a burned out thermostat let them hit that, a monitored low of 48 on the digital thermostat. I'm totally bumbed trying to save a few..

Sorry to hear this...
I was secretly plotting a ram guppy trade...
Hope you get more from the parents.

What kind of heater?

Well the parents are going strong , aqueoun heater, the fry have been on top fin heaters, lesson learned...

Thanks, great to hear, he is working on beast status.

My issue was low temp, the room they're kept in reaches 48°, turned out a burned out thermostat let them hit that, a monitored low of 48 on the digital thermostat. I'm totally bumbed trying to save a few..

Well the parents are going strong , aqueoun heater, the fry have been on top fin heaters, lesson learned...

Come to think of it the heater that cracked in my tank went cold a bit too, and guess what my friend it was a Chinese brand in my guppy tank, but I think this affected my fry count too ??? Even though I might have caught it on time only 6 fry survived, it definitely was a learning lesson too [emoji34] just thought to mention.

Clem

My firemouth out and about

Green severum looking derpy

Group photo

Clown barb, Puntius everetti

Finally got a good shot of the guppy, you can see the enormity and pattern of the tail and the length of the dorsal. I'm not sure I could count the colors on this guy.

And finally a quick look at the coralline algae spreading through the saltwater tank.

Hey I see terquious in that severum looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks a lot mike, they are starting to grow more, really taking off the last few weeks. Any guess on sexes? I know it's at least one male but I'm on the fence about the second.

What's up AA?

Anywhoo... 29 gal cichlid tank was taken down, the firemouth randomly turned up dead then lost a sev and a few barbs, learned it was a parasite.

Saltwater reef is now over a year old, inhabitants include indigo dottyback, purple firefish, teardrop clown, few hermits and snails, coral banded shrimp.

African tank is still up and strong, 3 years old.

The guppies are in my pond, their old 5.5 is now a 10 gallon blue lobster tank.

I have a pretty cool betta too.. eh, that's about it for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom