Update of my planted 75 gallon goldfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy2727

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just added three orandas this week, I love buying direct from the wholesaler.
img_1494917_0_df3c33cd34063c6d10d61411d19586c6.jpg

img_1494917_1_2c6762fa88c3f351e8e10a43629d16e0.jpg

img_1494917_2_4ca0f9c8637e46c93d1e419f97d9f964.jpg

img_1494917_3_68e35312a7ef418a8e0c3c54ae07c17e.jpg

Very nice! How do you keep your plants alive? My goldfish has eaten them all

I think it has more to do with what they are fed and not the plants themselves. I feed NLS exclusively (I don't feed anything else, including peas). My goldfish stay healthy with this so far, but every goldfish is different. The idea is that if they get a truly complete and balanced diet they will not have a craving for anything in the plants so won't bother them like they usually would.

I think it has more to do with what they are fed and not the plants themselves. I feed NLS exclusively (I don't feed anything else, including peas). My goldfish stay healthy with this so far, but every goldfish is different. The idea is that if they get a truly complete and balanced diet they will not have a craving for anything in the plants so won't bother them like they usually would.

Thanks! I will see if switching its diet might help!

What is the temperature usually at in your tank? What kind of plants do you have in it?

I am still just learning but do plants do better with the bubbles the way you have them or better with less bubbles?

Thanks and your Goldfish are cool. Especially is that a big Black Moor?

It is room temp, so around 74-76F.

I have had almost every plant I have ever tried work well with goldfish, some too well. I currently have: giant onion, green cabomba (did too well in the 150 with goldfish), red arrow, amazon sword, water sprite, and red tiger lotus. Other stuff that has worked: wisteria, vals, anacharis, and many others.

The ideal conditions for plants usually require CO2, depending on how high tech the tank is. My tanks are fish tanks with plants in them, not planted tanks with fish in them. To me this means I will never do anything that could risk the fish for the benefit of the plants, which using CO2 can do (even though it is rare). The plants do more than well enough to not need CO2, so the aeration in my tank is not an issue. The goldfish like it so I keep it this way.

Back
Top Bottom