Updated pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankGirl

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are a few updated pics of my tanks:

55gal comm, 4x65w PC light, CO2, waiting for an order of higher light plants
normal_55gal%20Jan%202005.jpg

44gal breeder ARLC, Aulonocara sp., L. caeruleus
normal_ARLC%202005%20redux.jpg

5gal heavily planted, Endler's livebearers, cherry shrimp (yes, there are tons of fish in there!)
normal_5gal%20Endler%20Mar2005.jpg

Do most of you remove old pics from your gallery or just keep stacking them up? Some of mine in the gallery in my sig are old, but I don't know whether to dump them for the newest version of the tank or leave them to show how the tank has evolved. :?

Thanks, Lori - I think I might have to break out my machete if I ever want to see my fish again in the planted ones - outta control!

Absolutely gorgeous! I can grow plants with 18W over a 30 gal, but what you have is what I want! So maybe when I get rich I'll get me a decent hood to grow plants that densely. :wink:

Here is the tank a couple of years ago with simple shop lights - a $9 US fixture! You can have plenty of growth without spending a bunch of money, just choose your plants carefully.

107055_smaller.jpg

Here is a pic of my office tank, which was not set up when I started this thread, and is set up as an ARLC for calvus (saving my pennies for them) and currently has praecox rainbows and an American Flag-Fish, and a lovely male ancistrus is currently in quarrantine that will go in there:
normal_Office%20tank%202.jpg

Here is an updated pic of the 55, which has some new Alternanthera reineckii (red temple) and some Ludwigia peruensis, both of which lost a bunch of leaves upon placement in the tank, but I am hopeful they will rebound. I have pruned back a lot of stuff.
normal_55gal%20April%202005.jpg

Here is today's shot of the 5.5gal Endler's tank, I am ashamed to say (the poor fishies!), and tomorrow it is getting moved to a 10gal because these plants have gone NUTS since I unplugged the filter.
normal_s%205gal%20update%20Apr%202005.jpg

Thanks - I'm scrubbing out the ten as we speak, and I just shipped some Endler's so the load is a bit lighter but, livebearers being what they are, I'm sure I'll fill that 10gal before too long.

You certainly have a flair for aquascaping.

I enjoy seeing how tanks have evolved so I keep a pics of the tams as they change. It is a nice reminder.

tanks look beautiful! I wish i had room (and money) for a larger tank like your 55. *jealous* :D Great job, hope to see future updates.

i really like your 55 gal with all of those live plants!!!! you should make your own office

"TG the #1 aquascaper in all of VA!"

set up someos tank

"that will be $1,000,000"

Thanks, everyone!

Here is a pic of the 10 gal no-tech tank, which just contains what I had in the 5 gal plus some dwarf sag and some Marsilea quadrifolia, which has started to take hold. I know I have posted about this on another thread but I thought I'd add the updated pic here, too. The same day I moved the tank I got a bunch of new Endler's fry, so I guess they are relieved to have somewhere to swim now, lol.

normal_s%2010gal%20no-tech%20Apr%202005.jpg

Blucat said:
what plants are in the office tank?

The 37gal has valisneria, hornwort, and I don't think they are visible in the pic but there is some anubias nana attached to the rocks as well as some bolbitis.

Just stumbled across this thread and must say the 55 gal tank is simply awesome looking. How long have you been into planting tanks? I am just beginning and aspire to have a tank like that some day. Thanks for the inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom