Upgraded 15g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarskreamX82

Aquarium Advice Regular
I upgraded my moms 10g to a 15g in the living room and got some guys to replace the evil Oscar. Got some new guys in the 29g as well.

15g-
7 Guppies
2 Creamcicle Lyretails
1 Cory

29g-
2 Blue Dwarf Gourami
1 Rainbow Shark

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 83
StarskreamX82 said:
I upgraded my moms 10g to a 15g in the living room and got some guys to replace the evil Oscar. Got some new guys in the 29g as well.

15g-
7 Guppies
2 Creamcicle Lyretails
1 Cory

29g-
2 Blue Dwarf Gourami
1 Rainbow Shark

The Oscar was in a 10 gallon?

StarskreamX82 said:
He was tiny, hes back at the store though in an even smaller tank... He was probably better off here.

Yeah I don't get pet stores. They cram all those fish in those tiny tiny tanks. Poor things. Well at least you had good intentions.

I would love to have a nice setup with a big piece of drift wood in the center and some java fern and all, but I want to keep the price reasonable. Any attempts I've had at real plants have been failures anyway.

StarskreamX82 said:
I would love to have a nice setup with a big piece of drift wood in the center and some java fern and all, but I want to keep the price reasonable. Any attempts I've had at real plants have been failures anyway.

I've never had any luck with real plants either if that makes you feel any better. Here's my first tank and nothing lasted. This is before I knew anything.

View attachment 61910

I would rethink the shark. A rainbow shark really needs a longer tank, like a 55 gallon. They also often have problems with fish like gouramis and bettas.

He's smaller than them for now, and he's been peaceful so far. If he gets out of hand he'll go in the 55 that was set up for the Oscar before he went on a killing spree.

I forgot to post this one. It's not mine, saw him at the lfs and had to take a pic. Wish I had a huge SW tank.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom