Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captainazza

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 3ft tank and have been looking for an easier way to do my water changes other than walking around with buckets. I have heard of a python and have seen other threads similar to this but.... Here comes my question. I have read of people just turning their tap on and using their hose to put water back into the tank. Wouldn't this kill the fish because of the contaminants or stress? If I were to use this technique would I put the chemicals (stress Zyme and stress coat) in before or after I fill the tank? I don't want to kill my fish if there is to much of a risk I will just stick with buckets.

I have a 3ft tank and have been looking for an easier way to do my water changes other than walking around with buckets. I have heard of a python and have seen other threads similar to this but.... Here comes my question. I have read of people just turning their tap on and using their hose to put water back into the tank. Wouldn't this kill the fish because of the contaminants or stress? If I were to use this technique would I put the chemicals (stress Zyme and stress coat) in before or after I fill the tank? I don't want to kill my fish if there is to much of a risk I will just stick with buckets.

You just add something like Prime directly to your tank as your refilling it.

The python is great! So is the aqeoun. The choice is yours. Way Way better then buckets IMHO. You won't kill or stress your fish. My fish actually like it. I do weekly's.

It makes things ALOT easier and feels less like work.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks!

I don't want to kill off my blue acara mainly. So prime is just a declorinator I assume?

Back
Top Bottom