what could i improve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover2011

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey people a pic of my 54 gal tank any suggestions on how i could improve it

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 134
You could get rid of the big pleco, and add three smaller plecos like (rubber nose pleco or a few bristol nose plecos).
And you could add a few pieces of wood.

54 liters and yes its a pleco ,guarmi, 4 angel fish ,males and female simease fighters, 4 diamond tetras, balloon mollie 1 male 1 female guppies

fishlover2011 said:
54 liters and yes its a pleco ,guarmi, 4 angel fish ,males and female simease fighters, 4 diamond tetras, balloon mollie 1 male 1 female guppies

... All that in a thirteen and a half gallon tank?

I would say that's extremely overstocked. The pleco will grow to almost two feet, and will be stunted in a tank that size. Its body will stop growing while it's organs keep on going, giving it a shortened life and painful death.

I'm sorry that you're finding out after it's stocked that it's completely overstocked.

yh soz ment 54 liters but wrote gal and ive got a 54 gallon tank on cycle for the pleco

fishlover2011 said:
yh soz ment 54 liters but wrote gal and ive got a 54 gallon tank on cycle for the pleco

A 54 gallon is still not enough. A common pleco requires a 125 gallon as a minimum.

A bristlenose will fit nicely in a fifty four gallon. They only reach five inches.

Stocking suggestions aside, I would recommend 2 things: some low growing foreground plants, and a substrate change to something more natural, like black or sand colored.

Back
Top Bottom