What do you all think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here is my 55g artificially planted aquarium. Let me know what guys think about the tank and my stock. Thanks!

1 - Asian spotted placo
3 - Angle fish
3 - corydoras
6 - harlequin rasboras
7 - serpae tetras
2 - rainbow sharks

image-1857410684.jpg

image-3973779952.jpg

image-272525844.jpg

image-3068774093.jpg

image-2720006029.jpg

image-3979439706.jpg

image-2107659049.jpg

Here is my 55g artificially planted aquarium. Let me know what guys think about the tank and my stock. Thanks!

1 - Asian spotted placo
3 - Angle fish
3 - corydoras
6 - harlequin rasboras
7 - serpae tetras
2 - rainbow sharks

Looks good, I like the way you mixed the gravel and sand on the right side. Not crazy about the bubble wall. You may wanna up that filter when you have the opportunity IMO you'll be better off with something bigger.

Your rainbow fish get about 6" and they usually say minimum 50 gallons for 1, also they can be aggressive. I have a red tailed in my 75 gallon and he fairs well with my mixed African tank.

I'm no expert but I think 2 angel fish should be ok. Are they pair? They can get mean as well...

I don't see issues with anything else. Again I'm no expert as I keep Africans but hope this helps.

He says he has 3 angels. When they reach sexual maturity be careful. If you have all one sex you should be fine, 1 male 2 females should be ok too if two if them pair it's like the third will be chased off but nothing terribly serious. However, if u end up with 2 males n a female and they decide to pair depending on the personality of the paired male it could end up in the odd man out being seriously injured or even killed.

Yea I am working on a 200g rated canister filter that should be installed in the tank next month.

I know the 2 rainbow sharks may pose a problem but my uncle really wanted to add them to my tank so I told him I would try it out if not one is getting 86'd.

As far as the angels. I will make sure to keep an eye out for them and if they start to get aggressive. Does it matter that all 3 are different kinds of angels?

Thanks for all the help! This is my first aquarium and it is less than 3 months old! :)

No it wouldn't matter if all three were different. The best thing you can do is be aware of the possibility that there may be a issue as they age and have a plan in place if it becomes a reality. In my experience aggression among angels isn't a subtle thing. So you will know pretty quickly when it starts happening.

First of all, your tank looks nice. Personally, I like your bubbles and I like your substrate.
I do have to say, your pleco looks to be a gibbiceps which grows too large for the best quality of life in a 55g tank IMO. Plecos are from the Americas. As far as I know, some stores merely sell Asian bred gibbiceps as Asian spotted plecos to make them sound more exotic. If there is an actual species out there called the Asian spotted pleco, I am unaware of it.
As was said, 3 angels do not tend to get along, but, yous look big enough that you would know by now if they were going to fight or not. Like Phish said, it doesn't matter that they are different varieties. They are all the same species and will interact as such, regardless of color variety.
For sure keep a close eye on your 2 rainbow sharks. Your cories appear to have some nipped fins in that picture, and the sharks may indeed cause issues with the cories or other fish as they grow up. How big are the rainbow sharks currently?

First of all, your tank looks nice. Personally, I like your bubbles and I like your substrate.
I do have to say, your pleco looks to be a gibbiceps which grows too large for the best quality of life in a 55g tank IMO. Plecos are from the Americas. As far as I know, some stores merely sell Asian bred gibbiceps as Asian spotted plecos to make them sound more exotic. If there is an actual species out there called the Asian spotted pleco, I am unaware of it.
As was said, 3 angels do not tend to get along, but, yous look big enough that you would know by now if they were going to fight or not. Like Phish said, it doesn't matter that they are different varieties. They are all the same species and will interact as such, regardless of color variety.
For sure keep a close eye on your 2 rainbow sharks. Your cories appear to have some nipped fins in that picture, and the sharks may indeed cause issues with the cories or other fish as they grow up. How big are the rainbow sharks currently?

My rainbows are pretty small. They are about 2 1/2 to 3 inches... Here is a pic of one.. I took it kinda far back so u can get an idea of how bit it is relative to the tank and angels

image-2999287443.jpg

Yeah, they still have some growing to do. Just make sure to keep an eye on them, and keep an eye on the other fish for stress or nipped fins.
By the way, I love that blue looking angel. :)

Yeah, they still have some growing to do. Just make sure to keep an eye on them, and keep an eye on the other fish for stress or nipped fins.
By the way, I love that blue looking angel. :)

Ok will do! I knew the rainbow sharks might be trouble. I am a helicopter parent when it comes to my fish tank lol I try to make sure everything is perfect. And thanks! That angel is a bluish silver with black stripes that color up when the lights go off! :)

Back
Top Bottom