yay for new plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harmy4993

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well i got new plants and my aquarium is starting to look like a planted aquarium. my photography skills need some work but i love my tank.

full tank #1
img_901399_0_98c03d5e381ed6f2efecc10f539a8bcd.jpg

Full tank #2
img_901399_1_f4d4b4dd9e67fcdbe47a9b9812c0666f.jpg

my 2 rams cause they never get in the picture together
img_901399_2_0e4e06ac016373d7efab8ec72dfe33fd.jpg

my female cause she is camera shy
img_901399_3_90086564b4c9ef53f3b2a17f8e12a37b.jpg

img_901399_4_f36614e5e3ef5279667032810e14fc19.jpg

ty. im happy with it. starting to look more like i invisioned when i got my tank.

ya i think once the ones in the back grow taller and the java ferns fill in along with the grass in the front it will really look nice.

Nice tank but you have two male rams and not a sexed pair. The female is supposed to be the one on the right in the pic with them both together correct? The middle one is blurry and dosn't show the profile well but I don't see any pink at all. Plus, females are shorter than males and the one on the right in the top pic is just as long as the male.

Nice tank but you have two male rams and not a sexed pair. The female is supposed to be the one on the right in the pic with them both together correct? The middle one is blurry and dosn't show the profile well but I don't see any pink at all. Plus, females are shorter than males and the one on the right in the top pic is just as long as the male.
i dunno i was guessing after doing some reading. i didnt say they were a mated pair but the coloring of the 2 is slightly diffrent. but the main thing i was going off of is the rear fin. i read males have a v shape where the females have a more curved shape. thats all i have to go on.

i dunno i was guessing after doing some reading. i didnt say they were a mated pair but the coloring of the 2 is slightly diffrent. but the main thing i was going off of is the rear fin. i read males have a v shape where the females have a more curved shape. thats all i have to go on.

I know that you didn't say that they were a mated pair but you did say that one was a female and that would indicate that they are a "sexed pair" meaning that you have a pair...one of each sex. You have a pair (meaning only the number two in this case) of rams but they are both males. With Microgeophagus ramirezi you look at the dorsal fin, size, breeding tubes, and most importantly and most obvious...color. Females have a pink belly which gets much more robust when she is ready to mate. It's clear to me that neither of those rams are females.

What do you mean by the rear fin? The tail fin? There is no difference between males and females in rams. Plus, you have a long finned ram male on the left in the top picture and are comparing it to a regular finned ram male on the left in the same photo.

ahhh that would explain the diffrence. i was going by that diffrence in the rear fin to assume one was male and one was female.

I wish I had a good source of GBR's around here. Only one LFS carries them, and most of the time they have ich, they all look poor quality anyway.

my lfs got a nice shipment recently...they were bred in a higher ph and harder water that my county is known for so they are very adadt to conditions outsider their norm...im going to try my hand at breeding them...

Back
Top Bottom