1 of my 10 gallon dwarf seahorse tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spanky

Aquarium Advice Activist
the tttttt one was a rush battery was dying so got a 1 letter name that is today the other was a week ago i think.:) cycling a second tank now as there are a 100 plus dwarfs in this tank an i do 30-40 % daily waterchanges to keep it in check. mostly babies with 35 adults.

Attachments

• tttttt 001.jpg
    tttttt 001.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 299
  • 10g 001.jpg
    10g 001.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 297
i use a sponge filter and any light will do i use a led light. not hard at all to keep alive. just got to keep baby brine shrimp hatching and keep up with water changes. one of the easiest fish i ever done hardest part is trying to figure out what to do with all the babies.

i use a sponge filter and any light will do i use a led light. not hard at all to keep alive. just got to keep baby brine shrimp hatching and keep up with water changes. one of the easiest fish i ever done hardest part is trying to figure out what to do with all the babies.

I just bought my first batch of brine shrimp eggs. Any advice, or a good website you would recommend, to learn how to hatch them?

back of can tells you how. soda bottle , airline and air pump works well. though i don't use that method now because of the shear volume i hatch daily.

back of can tells you how. soda bottle , airline and air pump works well. though i don't use that method now because of the shear volume i hatch daily.

These just came in a clear tube from a lfs. I'll google the soda bottle method. Thanks! I bet all those tiny little seahorses eat a ton of those baby brine. I would love to try raising some dwarf seahorses someday.

for the pop bottle cut the top off bout 1/4 the way down, then flip that upside down back on the bottle after adding eggs an saltwater, find a flat place to sit it preferably in a window where will get light shove air tube into bottle after hooking up to air pump though best to add airstone to weigh it down if you do add airstone shove airline through then when it comes out where you pour the pop out of attach airstone then put that back over top of the bottle. then wait bout 24 hours though do need some light to help hatch. Currently i'm using a 24 jbj nanocube as my hatchery hatching bout 2 million or so brine shrimp a day till i get them breeding in the tank which should be soon as some of the shrimp i didn't harvest are adult size now.

Thanks so much! I sure hope my bay pipefish decide to eat the brine shrimp so I don't have to go collect amphipods as often. :)

they should though instead of brine i'd try rottifers more nutrtious an can run same setup once i get my rottifer culture built up to sustain heavy harvesting thats what i'm planning on feeding my dwarfs though the other tanks will keep getting baby brine as i feed them frozen mysis too. right now just my baby clown fish get rottifers.

Back
Top Bottom