1 year old 30g Reef with pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IworkatPSP

Aquarium Advice Activist
I first got into this hobby a year ago after being around it at work. My boss and coworker talked me into starting a tank and now I'm hooked. Since then, I've helped numerous people set up tanks of their own and owe alot of my knowledge to everyone here.

So, I'd like to share with you what your insights and discussions have helped me to create.

Picture021.jpg

30g AGA Oak Trim Tank
Whisper 40 HoB Filter
Kent Phos-Ban Reactor
Coralife Super Skimmer
2 Powersweep powerheads
Current 36" Satellite 2x96w Power Compact
115lbs LR
60lbs LS

Fish:
1 Hippo Tang
2 True Percula Clowns
1 Citron Goby
1 3 Stripe Damsel

Inverts:
1 Carpet Anemone
1 Long Tentacle Anemone
1 Crocea Clam
2 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
15 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Electric Blue Hermit Crab
2 Emerald Crabs
Dozens of misc. snails and hermits

Coral:
Devil's Hand Leather
Finger Leather
Clove Polyps
Tons of Xenia
Cup Plate
Tons of shrooms
Small Acro Frag

Close up of my carpet!
Picture026.jpg

Thanks for looking/reading!
Comments Welcome

Very nice. Looks bigger than 30 gal. Brace yourself for people telling you that the tank is too small for a Tang. I won't tell you that though. :D

Lol, thanks for the kind words.

And I know my tank is too small for a tang as well as the carpet, but both will be moved to a larger tank within the next 2 months.

I raised the tang from a nickel sized baby to about 4 inches so I would never want him to be restricted to a small area.

Yeah we got them(tangs) at the same time, and at the same size. Hey I had mine in a 20g before moving into the 55. We got plans of Big tanks. We all wish ours could be a 525. Any way Tatty it looks good but I see it all the time. Sucks those clowns are still alive. Yeah he has tried housing clowns like 3 times and they would die. We would order them from our store or get them at That Fish Place. So we always talk crap on Petco well our buddy got gift certificates from there and bought him 2 Perculas. As you can see they are still alive. Oh well they still will never get any of my money

Tank looks sweet :D I’m amazed you can get away with having Acropora Coral with only pc lighting 8O

Yeah I am in the process of changing over my girlfriends 30g tall from fresh to salt. I love setting up fish tanks.

Aquareefer and I are working on plans for a sump for each of our tanks, but are unsure of a few things, so expect to see threads about sump help soon.

Back
Top Bottom