10 Month old 75 Gallon Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ximat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Beautiful!!! I am so envious!! My tank went up in April, and I am so far behind you! Well, I have the fish I like, but the corals are still to come....

wow. that is a nice tank. do all tanks grow that purple algae in the back over time?

WOW!!! This is why I got into this!!! I hope to have my tank set up this way.

Care to share your tips on what equipment you use? (lighting expecially)

do all tanks grow that purple algae in the back over time?

I use B-Ionic's 2 Part Calcium Buffer. With that, proper lighting, and some coraline on your live rock you'll get the purple over time. :)

Care to share your tips on what equipment you use? (lighting expecially)

Equipment: 1 Emperor 400 HOB Filter, Aqua C Remora Pro Skimmer with Mag 3 Pump. 2 Ebo Jager 250 Watt Heaters, 2 MaxiJet 1200 & 2 MaxiJet 600 Powerheads. Lighting: 2 110w VHO Bulbs & 48" Sattelite Power Compact Light set.

Tips: I feed on a consistant basis, once every other day. I only dose two things: B-Ionic Calcium Buffer and Kent's Lugols Solution. I also do consistent water changes. 15 Gallons once a week. Only using RO-DI water.

HTH

Cool! So the HOB does the trick huh? How are you nitrates? I can't wait to end up with this too. I am a HOB man myself. I just need good lighting, if that's the case, and end up with a nice reef tank with a HOB just like yours. Cool, dude! Thank you for sharing your setup with us!

Back
Top Bottom