125 gal converted this tank from freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bri6679

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The tank has been going for about 6 weeks

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1395176808888.jpg
    1395176808888.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 292
Another pic

Attachments

• 1395332304199.jpg
    1395332304199.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 282
Any suggestions of what I should do next let me know thank you

What kind of suggestions are you looking for? Besides the size of your tank, that it's been running for 6 weeks, and used to be a freshwater system, we don't know anything about your setup to suggest anything. So please, tell us as much about the tank as you can so we can be of best assistance. And please be patient, it takes us time sometimes to respond.

Well to be honest I see 2 things wrong from the first pic. The clown trigger will get way to large for that tank and possibly kill the other 2 triggers. And you have 3 heavy bioload fish in a 6 week old tank. I'd slow down and let the tank go for another month or 2 with just those fish before anything else gets added. But like sniper said some more stats would help

Ok the tank has a wet dry filter with a mag Drive 9 a reef octopus protein skimmer that is good to 150 gallons according to its specs and also a canister filter ehiem 2215 and a 1250 gph power head

I did not get any live rock was dry but I read that it would turn into live rock there are nine bags regular Marine sand and one live sand
Ph 8.3
Nitrite it looks to be about .5 (0-1)

Nitrate 10 (0-50)
Ammonia 0
I did not get any live rock because I read that it can contain stuff you might not want in your tank...

Even dry or base rock becomes live over time. It is live because of the beneficial bacterial that you build up in the rock after you cycle your tank.
But you don't know how many lbs of rock or sand are in the tank?
What livestock is in the tank?

Picasso trigger clown trigger Niger trigger there is 110 pounds of sand and 40 pounds of dry bass rock

Well, I would get more rock as soon as you can to support such large fish. The pound per gallon rule works for both rock and sand. That way you won't have any issues with your nitrate cycle in the tank.
Having triggers with triggers might be ok, considering that they need to be housed with other large, aggressive fish...but I would be concerned with how large clown triggers get and normally shouldn't be housed in a tank of this size. This guy will also make your rock placement hard because they love to move rocks around.

Should I get live rock or more dry rock?

I would add 5-10lbs of live rock with coraline algae. Iwould get a marineland 350 x the canister easier to clean ? You are going to have a predator tank?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom