125g Tall Saltwater Journal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have half the sand and half my rock. And it's now full. Waiting on the rest of my sand to come in the mail before I add the rest of the rock

image-3951636183.jpg

Still cloudy but all the rock and sand is in there

image-3023211434.jpg

Attachments

• image-4266637904.jpg
    image-4266637904.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image-4169220253.jpg
    image-4169220253.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 130
Okay guys the water is clearing up nice! Still a little dirty but looking great! My fish from my 10g quarantine tank are now in there and look like they are loving it!

image-1376010326.jpg

image-365028544.jpg

Ok so today is the 3 week anniversary of the tank! Woot woot! Haha :) so to update I have lost one fish(firefish was picked on by a evil OC clown that I ended up taking out.) i also added a one spot foxface, a maroon clown, diamond goby, and a green bubble tip anemone. I plan on adding a yellow tang, kole tang, and a flame angel down the road.
Now to some pics :)

image-2402234200.jpg

image-2481479125.jpg

image-4036849558.jpg

image-79153046.jpg

Hate to have comment this way,but three weeks in is way to early to even think about an anemone.Your tank needs to be well established.Diamond Goby's starve to death in new tanks very quickly.Even in established tanks they usually starve to death eventually.Your tank looks great but you need to take it slow.

Hate to have comment this way,but three weeks in is way to early to even think about an anemone.Your tank needs to be well established.Diamond Goby's starve to death in new tanks very quickly.Even in established tanks they usually starve to death eventually.Your tank looks great but you need to take it slow.

Yea the diamond goby was my bad idea. Do you really think it will die?!?... :( as far as the anemone....I told my GF it's too soon and my lights are not strong enough but she insisted I get it. The GBTA has been in there for 10 days and I have fed it raw shrimp twice. Seems to be ok. I will definitely wait a few months before adding anything else. I

That nem looks really really bleached. Does it normally look that white or is it from the camera?

That nem looks really really bleached. Does it normally look that white or is it from the camera?

It's the camera I think. To honest I am not sure what tint of green it should look like. I know that it is defiantly more green than when I got it from my LFS

The diamond won't last long,if you could catch it and return to LFS it would be best.Problem is catching.

The diamond won't last long,if you could catch it and return to LFS it would be best.Problem is catching.

I spent like 2 hours trying to catch that guy! Faster than I thought. I tried a fish trap with a plastic bottle too. I really don't want to remove all my live rock.

I'm following! Good stuff so far! Sorry about the diamond but i agree that it's best to catch it and return it, as your tank grows you'll be able to get him. Quick question seeing as how i'm leak testing my 125 g right now and I'm following your thread, where did you order your sand from? I kno alot of folks here get it off of BRS. Also what kind of rock did you select it looks good! Sry for the long post but like you I'm doing my build is going to be on a budget haha! So i warn you now I'm following closely, oh and by the way cool fish!

I'm following! Good stuff so far! Sorry about the diamond but i agree that it's best to catch it and return it, as your tank grows you'll be able to get him. Quick question seeing as how i'm leak testing my 125 g right now and I'm following your thread, where did you order your sand from? I kno alot of folks here get it off of BRS. Also what kind of rock did you select it looks good! Sry for the long post but like you I'm doing my build is going to be on a budget haha! So i warn you now I'm following closely, oh and by the way cool fish!

Hey. Thanks for following along! I bought the sand from petco.com (nature's ocean reef white sand) and I like it. The rocks I got from a guy on Craigslist it's mostly Fiji rock I think.

Hey guys so here is an update on my tank. I know that I am putting livestock in way fast but I rescued a Naso tang (2.5-3") my aunt and uncle bought me a blue hippo tang(3-3.5") and I had a yellow tang in the tank. Other than that. The tank is fully stocked and corals, nem, and fish are all doing well. I also ordered up some LEDs for the tank, they are coming in Tuesday. Before u all jump on my for having 3 tangs. I understand its "against the rules," but I am keeping a close eye on them and will take them to my LFS if they seem at all unhappy.

Here are some pictures. I have added about 10 more pounds of Live rock to the tank. And getting so pretty good coralline algae growth! :) I am really happy with how it's doing!

PS sorry for the poor quality photos

image-1413095460.jpg

image-991455131.jpg

image-2614939230.jpg

image-357130328.jpg

The nem looks very bleached what lights are you running now?

The nem is doing a lot better than it was when I got it. Right now I have x4 T5 48" bulbs and x4 PC lights (216watts of T5 and 260 watts of PC) and also this is only until Tuesday when my LEDs come in the mail. I will post an update on those next week

Following along! I'm not a saltwater guy, but IMO your tank is awesome!

Thanks! Yea I am pretty new to salt water as well. I had a bio cube before this tank and then upgraded to this tank a couple months after :).

Back
Top Bottom