140g reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chimera

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
been a longish project, but learnt heaps. it's an 'in wall' tank in the lounge. as usual, always heaps more to be done such as adding frags etc, but plenty of time :D here's the tank as at a couple of months ago, several more corals added since then and mega coralline growth on back glass and rocks since.

rockscompleteright-050410.jpg

full tank shot at dawn (actinic's on only)
tankfulldusk-050411.jpg

the mushroom & lps patch, bottom left:
lowerleft-050315.jpg

one of my favourite photo's, clown in her bta
clownbta-050315.jpg

my latest addition, a beautiful regal angel
angel-050529.jpg

and where would ya be without some technical photo's...

dolphin ampmaster 3000 and oceans motions 4-way (awewome device!!!) on closed loop:
closedloop-complete.jpg

and heading downstairs under main tank to sump room, makes maintenance a breeze! here's the fuge:
refugium1.jpg

sump with deltec skimmer (no longer have nor need nitratereductor)
skimmer2.jpg

korallin calcium reactor:
calcium-reactor1.jpg

iwaki return pump back upstairs into 1" sea swirl:
newpipe-sumproom-iwaki.jpg

thanks for looking!

thanks. here's a pic with moonlight on I took a couple of nights ago...

moonlight-front-050606.jpg

and a closeup...

moonlight-closeup-050606.jpg

I want to get a moonlight shot with the cleaner shrimps out the front - but I got impatient waiting!!!

Wow! A beautiful setup! But the rock structure in the middle of the tank, the round piece with levels, What is that? It's really cool!

Ok Im new to this hobby and tried a while back to start a reef tank. Your looks very nice one of the best i have seen. How are you able to keep the live rock from growing on the glass or equipment? I know it may be common knowledge question but that was one of my main problems.

I even went to a reef store where i am and there tanks had the same issues. In fact i have noticed alot of people with reef tanks have it, like they have chosen to have it look that way. Is that the case? I think it looks dirty like that. But again your is the way it should look. Please help

Very very nice. I am seriously considering starting a sw tank. Any links to websites for step by step startup? Guide to books? I haven't any idea where to start and I want to learn everything I can before I start because I have learned the hard way in the fw world.

I haven't a clue as to what kind of hardware to get, of course I assume that will depend on tank size. So much to learn, your tank has really gotten my desire up though! (y)

Beautiful!
Did you Build that set up yourself? With all the PVC lines on back?
Can you send me a link to the build up??!? i have a 90 gallon tank with no overflow and i was thinking of doin something like that to it.
I'm inspired now.
Thank you.

That first photo looks like a "Finding Nemo" clip with Dory (blue tang) and Nemo (clown). :lol:

Nice setup!

yes cool i to would like to know what you did to get that rock structure in the middle

Amazing setup, those rocks that are setup that look like waterfalls just grab your attention. It looks like you put a lot of effort into the tank and it shows.

Back
Top Bottom