150 gallon switchover.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TreyC2010

Aquarium Advice Regular
Switching from my 55 gallon to the 150. I have 2 clowns, one pacific sailfin, and a wheeler shrimp goby. What do you guys think about one more tang, 2 engineer gobies, and wrasses (suggestions if you don't mind)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429372003.069929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, the sailfin will eventually outgrow the tank. They get huge. That would be my only concern with another tang. If this was my tank, I would aim for one of the smaller tangs for in the system in an attempt to off set that. So like a kole tang. When it comes to tangs, you want to try to have different looking ones to avoid aggression between them.

As for any different fish, you mentioned wrasses. Is this a FOWLR system or a reef setup in the making? That will make many choices easier when it comes to wrasses.

If this was me looking for new fish, I would love to have a much larger tank so I could have a small school of anthias. This might be something you would enjoy having if you look into it. I'm personally a fan of the sunset anthias and a 125 is perfect for a small school of them as long as the lbs per gallon rule for live rock is being followed.

I've thought about schools of fish. Would they live well with my sailfin and the others I mentioned?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430667246.053769.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430667263.157955.jpg
Finally switched and running about 1 1/2 months. Going to add a few anthias before I put my sailfin tang in. I don't think I'll add another tang. I thought about a wrasse or another goby or Blenny.

Current fish:
Midas Blenny
Diamond Sand Sifting Goby
Photon Clown
Da Vinci Clown
Wheeler Shrimp Goby

Coral:
Green Short Tentacle Plate
Ricordea Yuma
Green Button Polyps
Green Star Polyps
2 Finger Leather
Green and red zoas
Lots of feather dusters
Some type of unidentified palys have started growing and turning dark blue.

Adding a korallin biodenitrator within the week. Does anyone have any input on these?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430840242.411155.jpg
This was one of my live rocks that had some coral already.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430840307.256667.jpg
This is that rock now.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430840337.905426.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430840370.205054.jpg
Can you see both gobies?

Is my tank overstocked?
Sailfin Tang
5- Dispar Anthias
Midas Blenny
2- Clowns
Wheeler Shrimp Goby
Yellow Watchman Goby
McCoskers Flasher Wrasse

Tank is a 150 (48"L x 24" W x 32" D)
Not sure how many gal my sump is.

That's my worry. I figured some anthias would fall off in their pecking order but that barely gives any room. I've had him for a while now and would hate to see him go :(

Back
Top Bottom