20g First Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it's a coco worm I got it for a good price I guess. But the tube is mostly soft and it also looks like photos of the feather duster I searched up on other places(like live aquaria). The fan is about a size of a quarter.

Also the shrimp has seemed to leave it alone and is no longer plucking at it today

Most likely it was just eating the goodies off of it since it came from a different tank.
If the tube is soft, then it isn't a coco worm. They are distinctively hard.

So it's been a couple of days since I last saw the feather duster open. Should I be worried?
My levels
Ph=7.8
Ammonia=0
Nitrite=0
Nitrate=0
Salinity=1.028 (which I know is a bit high)

I looked inside of the tube and it doesn't look completely hollow, but I didn't see any feather like texture

IMG_2649.jpg

This is what it looks like

So stopped at my LFS today to see if I could pick up anything to eat my green haired algae that is starting to break out. While they did not have anything to eat the algae I added my final members to the tank. These members are a Diamondback Goby and a red banded pistol shrimp. I was hoping to bond these two but the pistol, who's about half an inch, found a cave started to dig and pretty much closed off the entrance. Hopefully as it grows or wonders out they'll find each other but right now not so much. They're basically hangout on opposite sides of the tank as of now.

IMG_2654.jpg

Well I'm back. After a summer working at the shore and only coming home once in a while my tank has become a complete mess. All my fish have died. Probably due to my brothers not helping me out and feed them. The only thing that remains is a couple of blue legged hermits and a pistol shrimp. My zoas only have a couple of heads on them. Looks like they are being choked by all the green hair algae that was in there.

IMG_2831.jpg

The picture show my tank 2 days after I cleaned it. Still a mess and a long way to go to get it completely clean and nitrates down. So sad to see this happen

Back
Top Bottom