30gal - new photos :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Agnate80700

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so this is my 30 gallon fish only /w live rock

What do you guys think of my rock setup, I was thinking about adding a piece or 2 to go in front of that jigundo pump.

just for kicks, a shot of the puffer and a shot of the cream angel

IMG_0883small.jpg

IMG_0903small.jpg

IMG_0905small.jpg

Tank is looking very good. Congrats on getting it set up. You could either add some rock if the pump bothers you, it doesn't bother my eyes any. :)

That's awesome rockwork! Is that a trigger, I see, in the 1st pic? Those guys might start to get a little crowded, pretty quickly.

Yeah its a trigger, this tank will only be around for 6 or 8 months though, before i move up to a more perminant 75 or 90 gal tank.

Cool, I'd shoot for the 90, if you can. I think that trigger might cause the puffer some problems as well.....But, I could be wrong.

Agnate80700 said:
Yeah its a trigger, this tank will only be around for 6 or 8 months though, before i move up to a more perminant 75 or 90 gal tank.
actually, IMO it looks like a saddled goby, they get like 4-5 inches........at least thats what I have read... :D but they are beutifull none the less!

*edit* misstype, I ment toby, not goby :lol:

blazey - i think what roka, and what i responded to, was the topmost photo, the little guy down in the right corner, hes a bursa trigger. the toby i took a main shot of is a bluedot (i believe) toby. so far they dont bother eachother, everyone pretty much hangs out.

Some new stuff.... I put one of the flat rocks in front of the pump just so i didnt have to see it, and also installed my 1st attempt at a moon light. I think it came out pretty nice :) I now have the moon light on a timer to come on when the main light goes off, and vice versa.

I saw a aquarium-safe LED in-tank light thing, and I turned it into a moon light using some clingwrap to disperse the light, and just stuck it up in the awning/canopy flourescent fixture. Just angled it to shine down the slope of the rocks.

(note: the shot was a 30-second long exposure, so the light looks a lot more intensly blue than it really is) I put all my equipment away before I looked at the picture and didnt want to get it all back out lol.

this is with a little light in the background just to give some definition
IMG_0941small.jpg

this is the only cut I had to make
IMG_0949small.jpg

my magic cling-wrap dispursion.... uh... module.
IMG_0950small.jpg

That's awesome! I love the "magic cling-wrap dispursion.... uh... module"! LOL!

Some new photos

This is a shot i snapped while my toby was sleeping. Creeeeeepy!
IMG_0955opti.jpg

This is my tank with the critters labeled. The only missing thing is a cleaner shrimp that was hanging out behind the rock
IMG_0970opti.jpg

Another shot of the tank, minus the red labels.
IMG_0972opti.jpg

And the sump. Looks like a jumble of rock, water, cat and equipment but I swear it works like a charm!
IMG_0966opti.jpg

well as I cant read the red words (sorry) is the angel a korean or emperor? they both get big but I do believe you will need a 75+ for him...

Its an imperitor, and I am in the process of shopping for a 125 gallon (see thread in coral getting started hehe)

Currently he is about 1.25 inches, SUPER tiny (hes actually the smallest fish I have in the tank lol) Ive never seen one so small, and at $40 I had to jump on the chance to pick it up.

Yeah blazey, i cant wait heh, although i thoroughly enjoy the juvenile coloration too... such intense blue its almost unbelievable. It was a toss up between a imperitor, an annularis, or a majestic and the size/price was the winner (I was leaning towards an annularis but the more i read the more i understand they can be maybe too aggressive and territorial so I think my choice was a good one)

Nice job on the moonlights! I got motivated by your pictures to do the same thing for my 55 but it just doesn't seem to do the trick. I put two led lights on and it doesn't spread out like yours seems to and they are very dim. I think I wasted my money.

Yeah the leds by them self are pretty direct. Do like I did and put something over them to dispurse the light (I used the glad press-n-seal stuff) i just folded up a square of it and put it in front of the light :)

Back
Top Bottom