37-Gallon Saltwater Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Boulder, what kind of lighting do you have because your tank is extremely well lit, and it really does make everything in your tank look beautiful. Also, what kind of sand do you have there?

Hey Boulder, what kind of lighting do you have because your tank is extremely well lit, and it really does make everything in your tank look beautiful. Also, what kind of sand do you have there?

Linksyz - sorry for the late reply ... made a quick trip to St Louis to take in the first couple games of the Cardinals / Dodgers series. Anyway, I just have basic fluorescent lighting that came with my set-up so I'm certain it's nothing special. As for the sand, I used a 30-lb bag of 'CaribSea Argonite Argamax Sugar-Sized'.

Very nice. I love it. Will you ever be making that tank reef? or is it strictly FOWLR?

Will you ever be making that tank reef?

Were not sure yet ... trying to take it slow and learn as we go. I suspect we will get bit by the 'bigger tank' bug in the future and try and go reef with it :D.

That's a nice Hawaiian featherduster you got there...nice score. Rockwork is very nice too. Not sure if those are aiptasia's..looks like manjano's.

Last edited:
Good idea. I know some people may not think so, but trust me, 50/55G tanks are the way to go if you have limited space. Its big enough to house lots of nice fish and theres tons of room for LR, corals and other things as well.

Not sure if those are aiptasia's..looks like manjano's.

What's the difference between Aiptasia and Manjanos? They are slowly disappearing so I am assuming the Peppermint Shrimp are eating them.

Aiptasia is a more weedy looking anemone whereas the manjano is really not a bad looking anemone. They both reproduce rapidly, aiptasias faster then manjanos and they both do lots of harm to corals. The worst thing you can do with an aiptasia or a manjano is try to pick or scrape them off the rocks. Each piece will form a new anemone and make them spread that much faster. Here is a picture of a manjano posted by Aloha Corals...
img_1008602_0_f4d3d1eaf75d49fa84168207968a0901.jpg

Back
Top Bottom