57 rimless build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swtric85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone. Picked up this 57 gallon rimless tank for a good price right after I just got done putting my 30gal and 10gal sump all together. I get to start all over again but I couldn't pass it up. This is my first experience with a built-in overflow so any advice would be greatly appreciated, I can't decide between a Durso or Herbie overflow.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130907_105223.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_105223.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 280
  • ForumRunner_20130907_105233.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_105233.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 267
  • ForumRunner_20130907_105245.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130907_105245.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 274
I couldn't find a stand big enough so I picked up a kitchen cabinet from Home Depot, It was 20% off too

awesome!! what kind of tank is it?

Idk, it's been driving me nuts! The guy I got it from didn't know and I've been searching the internet like crazy tryin to figure it out. Someone said it's a Deep Blue or an Oceanic Illuminata, but the overflow doesn't match either of them

haha that sucks that you dont know. its a really nice looking tank, nonetheless. I'm really digging the look of rimless and already considering upgrading my 20 gallon to a 32 gallon reef octopus t60.

Great tank! I always go with dorso, flawless and silent as all can be!

haha that sucks that you dont know. its a really nice looking tank, nonetheless. I'm really digging the look of rimless and already considering upgrading my 20 gallon to a 32 gallon reef octopus t60.

I just looked it up, that's a really cool tank

Man work has been crazy, I'm almost done with the cabinet and I'm waiting for a bunch of stuff coming in the mail. Maybe this weekend I'll get a lot knocked out.

Do you have any experience with wave timers? I have a SCWD on my tank now, I don't think I can use it on this setup. I was looking at the hydor smartwave and two hydor evo 850 powerheads. I'm not sure though, there is a lot of mixed reviews.

Sorry fir the LACK of updates. Working six days a week plus being a groomsmen in two weddings makes this a very slow build. Anyway here is some equipment updates...

Back
Top Bottom