57g Tank arrived, few pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the wife is starting to complain im not spending any time with her ha ha
LoL my wife gets furious about my fish tank, but then i take her to a vendor and she gets amazed and just starts picking everything out like crazy. I suggest you take her to pick something out. It works!

Sorry for the lack of updates, been rather busy.

Here is about 4 weeks worth of updates, enjoy.

UPDATE:
After spending about an hour re wiring the European plug to a UK plug the moonlight leds are in. They have a switch which allows 7 different brightness so might play about with that a bit to find the best one.

So the lighting schedule is:
11am - 12pm - Blue leds only
12pm - 8pm - Blue leds and both tube lights on
8pm - 10pm - Blue leds only

My camera is not the best for low light but here are some pics anyway:

tank23.jpg

tank24.jpg

tank25.jpg

tank26.jpg

tank27.jpg

So I read the post on how to take better aquarium pictures and had a

play about with the camera, so here are a few more pics:

tank35.jpg

tank36.jpg

tank37.jpg

tank38.jpg

tank39.jpg

tank40.jpg

tank41.jpg

tank42.jpg

UPDATE:
This weekends work included:
- Replaced stock light tubes with the marine white and marine blue, what a difference it makes.
- Bit of a LR re scape, I will be adding more and more rock so thought it was best to position my current rock to the back of the tank now so I can build on it and not have to do it once there is more fish in there.
- Cleaner shrimp added

tank48.JPG

tank49.JPG

tank50.JPG

tank51.JPG

tank52.JPG

tank53.JPG

tank54.JPG

tank55.JPG

I should be going to my friends tonight to pickup some more fish and about 8kg's extra live rock so will post some more pics tonight.

Went and got a Bangal Cardinal yesterday and took a few pics of the tank. The Cardinal is hiding at the back of the tank at the moment, think he is still getting used to his new home.
tank76.jpg

tank77.jpg

tank78.jpg

tank79.jpg

tank80.jpg

tank81.jpg

tank82.jpg

tank83.jpg

This weekends work included, removing the Juwel internal filter box. I have an external filter and more than enough live rock so no need for it, its just taking up tank space. I also added 2 Peppermint shrimp and 1 Cleaner Wrasse.

Todays work will be to remove the left over sealant from the internal filter.

Here are some pics, the shrimp were hiding:

tank93.jpg

tank94.jpg

tank95.jpg

tank96.jpg

tank97.jpg

tank98.jpg

tank99.jpg

tank100.jpg

Recently I added a Anthias and a purple dottyback. Also I decided to jump off and start keeping corals, being new to corals I have gone with something simple to keep, a green mushroom coral.
Anyway here are the pics.

The coral:
tank101.jpg

tank102.jpg

tank103.jpg

tank110.jpg

tank111.jpg

Anthias:
tank105.jpg

tank115.jpg

Dottyback:
tank104.jpg

Looks pretty good. The cleaner wrasse wont last long they dont make it but for a few months. Dont do well in captivity.

Nice setup. What camera are you using??
I have had my Cleaner Wrasse for almost a year now and he is going strong his name is Mr. Jitters but I can never get a very good picture of him he darts by so fast I just end up sometimes with a blurred image of him. I think he is one of my favorites in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom