6 months of Growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goisles1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all,

This is another before and after thread. I started my tank in Jan09. But by March I started getting the hang of things and my tank started to come alive.

So, I think now's a good time to post some current shots along with what it looked like in March 09. When I look back I cannot believe how much Coral growth I've gotten in just 6 months. I can only imagine what this tank will look like a year from now.

So..Here goes:

MY first coral was a small Zoas Colony(Green Dragon Eyes I believe):
19852-albums494-picture3349.jpg

I now have a Zoas Rock with different color Zoas. The Original one has grown A LOT!
19852-albums720-picture5004.jpg

In the above picture of the RIC, you can see another Green Dragon Eye Zoa population. When I mounted the original colony a piece of the frag rock broke off. So I glued it to another piece of LR rubble. Here is what it looked like in March09:
19852-albums494-picture3356.jpg

That rock is now completely covered(see RIC photo above). I plan to FRag out this piece soon.

Lastly a FTS:

Mar09
19852-albums494-picture3347.jpg

Sept 09
19852-albums720-picture4998.jpg

I need to scrape the front glass today ;)

THat's it for now.. Let me know what you all think (Good or Bad)

Your tank looks awesome, to say the least lol. I really enjoy looking at it. It's actually really clean too. IMO, a clean tank, is a beautiful tank. :D

I have a question though, what are the dimensions of your 45G?

Your tank looks awesome, to say the least lol. I really enjoy looking at it. It's actually really clean too. IMO, a clean tank, is a beautiful tank. :D

I have a question though, what are the dimensions of your 45G?

Thanks...

Standard 45G - 36LX24HX12W

I have a stand for either a 75/90g tank in my garage. I'm looking for the right deal on a 90g and will hopfully upgrade this baby in the coming months.

Nice job! Pretty rewarding when things are thriving, isn't it?!

I'm just exited I got thumbs up from You and Mike..he he...

Seriously, I never imagined the amount of life I would be hosting when I went SW. Before I went Salt, I had this same tank running for YEARS as an aggressive cichlid tank. Don't get me wrong, Ciclids are freaking cool too, but it's apples and oranges if you ask me.

with 3 little Kiddies the Cichlid tank was SERIUOSLY unloved and I had trouble just keeping a proper water level .... let alone do an actual water change. Wife and I came to a crossroads, ditch the tank or go Salt. She knew I'd go all in with Salt.

Here is a pic of the Tank in Late Dec..taken the week I broke it down to prepare for my SW journey:
19852-albums653-picture4585.jpg

Back
Top Bottom