75 gallon LED lit LPS and Softie tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S3Reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just Got back from Sout Korea,, and this is 박수닝's 75 Gallon Reef tank ; D

Well... Where do I start...

First let me tell you where I did start.. :D

I started 2 years ago in a 2.5 gallon reef tank. From there I moved into a 28 gallon bowfront. Then came the 55 and there went the 55.. Now my 75 Gallon tank has been moved oht of my room and into the Kitchen area where it can be viewed easier. :)

(I will be moving into My 120 Gallon tank by the end of this month) :)

EQUIPMENT:::

75 gallon all glass tank
Kessil A150W Ocean Blue 15k (2)
Heater (1)
EcoTech VorTech mp10 (1)

LIVE::: lol :D

85lbs of Premium 90% Corraline covered Live rock
50lbs of white live sand

FISH:::::::
First to last added;;;

(1) True Percula Clownfish
(1) 4 Stripe Damsel (bad idea) hehe ;D
(5) Blue Green Chromis
(1) Blue Tang
(1) Yellow tang
(1) Mandarin Goby
(1) Purple Box Anthias
(1) Blue Chin Triggerfish

CORALS::::: Numbers are how many heads the particular coral has..

(34) Pulsing Xenia
(8) Devils Finger Leather
(7x8 inch) Mettallic GSP :D
(4) Green tip Torch
(9) Orange Mushroom
(14) Red Mushroom
(12) Blue Mushroom
(42) Mettalic Green Trumpet :D
(2) Blue Ricordea Mushroom
(200) Radioactive Zoanthis Colony :D
(120) Mixed Zoanthis Colony :D
(18) Baby Blue Eye Zoanthis
(15) Tequila Sunrise Zoanthis
(6) Purple Tip Green Frogspawn
(19) Purple and Green Mix Hammer :D
(5) Baby Blue Bleading Red Ultra Acan ( there a bit burnt and I don't know why??
(3 inch) Galaxea Dome
(8 inch) Green Sea mat
(7) Pink and Green Blastomussa

And Last but not least...
Orange Scolymia ;D

EXTRA DETAILS:::::::

The tanks been doing great!! I feed Reef Oceanic eggs and Oyster feast to the corals once a day. Along with PE Mysis for the Euphilias, Acans, Blastos and Scolymia..

The fish love the New Life Spectrum pellets along with chopped squid and PE Mysis.

My Mandarin Loves his PODS. I dose the tank once a month with Tiggerpods just in case..

It seems to be that everything is thriving and rapidly growing. Therefore I will be Moving into my 120 so everyone has some more room. ((( most likely by the end of this month)))

If you have any questions or even any comments or woild like to see pics of a specific coral or fish, Feel free to post a reply below. :D

감사합니다,

박수닝

Last edited:
Here are some pics

Attachments

• 20131201_115832.jpg
    20131201_115832.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 20131201_115245.jpg
    20131201_115245.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 20131201_115321.jpg
    20131201_115321.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 20131201_115804.jpg
    20131201_115804.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 195
can i ask you why you have a yellow tang, blue hippo and a trigger in a 75? surely if you can keep the coral looking that good, you know what the fish needs' are also......

Well since I know I'm wrong. I know if I say something like "I'm upgrading to 120 all is well" it'd be a lie....

Soooo..

The reason. I love all of them... is that a good enough reason.. No.
But my friend next door has a big reef tank and told me he would take them off my hands once they get a little bigger. Maybe 1/2 an inch more, (or 1 more month).

But I will not be buying either of the 3 again because as you said..

I've kept the corals looking nice. So surely I'm smart enough to know the fishes needs"

i wasn't trying to be as bland as that, and i do know how it feels having a fish that needs requirements that you don't have funds for, after purchasing it and growing attached. i love the way your tank looks, btw, but surely you will not keep them for too much longer? it just will not turn out well in a 4 footer and you need to think of the fish and coral before yourself brother. what size tank does your friend have that you could bring them to? i would look into a yellow eye kole tang, they are beautiful. i will be adding one to my 75 reef when its fully running

Oh no I know! Haha I know that messages don't carry the same understanding as talking in person. We're good :)
And yes Ive had the tangs and trigger for a year and I am realising their needs are more then my funds.
My friend had a 500 gallon custom built tank. (He is how I got interested in reefing)

I'm 17 years old and the money isn't grwat at this age :D

Nice tank! I love the kessil lighting, I have one myself over my 20 gallon nano!

Put some fish in the fuge too. I've seen people split tanks up with dividers and have the edges be the fuge. Just a thought.

Any suggestions on corals I should get?? How about some orange colors?? I have many greens and very few blues or oranges. :) ???

Last edited:
The torch would be a bit tricky wouldn't it.. acans is a great idea! :) that might be my next purchase..

My bubble anem. died rece tly and my clown has started hosting the hammer.. I think ill get him another RBTA before he annoys my hammer death haha... is it okay for the hammer to host the clown?? I guesa there cant be the same relationship as with the anem....

Back
Top Bottom