75 gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate to be critiquing, but that blue tang needs a bigger tank. :)

everything looks nice and healthy though.... Is that a snail on the top? Cause he looks HUGE LOL.

Hah it's okay, I figured that was coming. I got her before I knew their tank requirements. I haven't had any problems with her so far so I'll prolly wait and see what happens.
And yeah it's a neon red snail? Something like that I saw two for the first time I'm Houston so I get them both for only $10!

I recently upgraded to a 125g so I could have tangs, you might wanna consider it, it's only an extra 2 feet. :)

Is that a purple tang I see too? WOW! I wish I could have one of those! lol I just cant rationalize spending almost $200 on a single fish. hehe...

While the tangs are small you should be ok, but as you know they will outgrow the tank so just keep that in mind. :)

I've been wanting to get a couple huge snails for my tank but was warned that they knock corals over, have you had any issues with them?

The only problem I see is the two tangs. They need a bigger tank. Other than that the tank looks pretty impressive.

no, its a kole eye tang.. $45 haha, and no problems with the snails the only thing that knocks corals over is my long spine urchin and my blue tang when she rubs against some of my smaller corals.

Six lined wrasse
LM blenny
Blue hippo tang
Kole eye tang
Purple basslet
2 lyre tail anthias
Melunarus wrasse
O. Clown
2 bangaii cardinals
Engineer goby
Pink bar goby
Green mandrin
Valentini puffer on the way home with me:p

Longspine urchin
Horse shoe crab
Hermits
Snails
Decorater spider
Emerald crab
Fire shrimp
Cleaner shrimp
harlequin on the way home
Bubble tip anemone
Conady anemone
Zoas
2 toadstools also with me
Scroll coral
Mushrooms
Frog spawn

Hope I didn't forget anyone!

Fischerman45 said:
Six lined wrasse
LM blenny
Blue hippo tang
Kole eye tang
Purple basslet
2 lyre tail anthias
Melunarus wrasse
O. Clown
2 bangaii cardinals
Engineer goby
Pink bar goby
Green mandrin
Valentini puffer on the way home with me:p

Longspine urchin
Horse shoe crab
Hermits
Snails
Decorater spider
Emerald crab
Fire shrimp
Cleaner shrimp
harlequin on the way home
Bubble tip anemone
Conady anemone
Zoas
2 toadstools also with me
Scroll coral
Mushrooms
Frog spawn

Hope I didn't forget anyone!

Wow that's a lot! Very nice :)

Thanks! I kind of have an overstocking problem :( or I have in the past:p
How do I know when I need to stop adding fish? Or am I already there

I only have 5 fish in my 125g lol. I plan on adding more but it wont be nearly as many as you have. hehe.....

water quality isnt always directly affecterd, it's more of an issue of space, swim room and territories. :)

water quality isnt always directly affecterd, it's more of an issue of space, swim room and territories. :)
I agree,,this will ultimately lead to aggression and then stress, which could lead to a multitude of things...
Its your tank and it does look good ,, but i would really consider removing both tangs at the very least...just trying to be helpful, not nagging on you ...

Back
Top Bottom