75G tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
pics before and after.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 138
  • completion of sculpture.jpg
    completion of sculpture.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 24 hours.jpg
    24 hours.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 132
  • funnel sand.jpg
    funnel sand.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 112
after. added 50lb sand. 2nd pic is the view from the side. the picture adds so much depth to the tank. i love i was about to fit in all the major life in my tank in one shot except for a few other crabs and one damsel. funny how huge the crabs look. but its not really any larger than 2 inches.

Attachments

• tankafter.jpg
    tankafter.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 119
  • life in tank.jpg
    life in tank.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 128
Nice tank. What fish are in there besides the yellow tang and the yellow tails?

Dude that's got to be the largest Hermit Crab I have seen yet in anyone SW Tank... Where did you get that thing from... Look Scary... :(

Thanks for the comments everybody. I finally have a tank I really like. It took a little trial and error and looking around to find exactly what I want.

Right now i have just the yellow tang, 1 b+w striped damsel and 2 yellow tails. A few crabs and snails, and a blood/fire shrimp.

I wasn't happy with what I had and decided to wait until I got this live rock and new sand. Now I just have to wait for the chem levels to get back to perfect (0-0-0), before i added more fish.

LOL The hermit crab is only 1.5-2 inches with his shell. Its just he was right in front of my camera when I took the picture, so he looks massive.

And with 75g, its not really all that big. I read that 75g is a good size to start for a SW tank. If you want a lot of fish you'll want something much larger. I think I'll upgrade my tank if I move in a year or 2. I can then get a 180g or something even larger, and use the 75g as my sump.

Gonna keep the Compact Florescants. I will replace the bulbs if I see any problems. It should be good until I update my entire light fixture. I would like to add some LEDs. I hate to see my tank so dark at night. Would like it visible 24/7 to some extent.

Any advice for some nice LEDs to get for my SW tank? I'll get a strip, or some kind of LED fixture if anybody has any advice. I'm gonna stick with my power compact 10000k white blue combo for my FOWLR. When I can afford hundreds of dollars of live coral to make the transition to a reef tank, I will be able to afford the couple hundred for the PC, MH, led light all running timers located right on the fixture. :)

Also, can i run the LED's all day and night while my light turns on and off via the timer? or should I get a timer for the LEDs too? If I knew I'd be getting this before I'd get an entire strip controlled by timers...

added a chiller 2 weeks ago - coral growing great on the rocks now.

Attachments

• DSCN0625.jpg
    DSCN0625.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN0606.jpg
    DSCN0606.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN0620.jpg
    DSCN0620.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 87
more pics

Attachments

• DSCN0651.jpg
    DSCN0651.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN0577.jpg
    DSCN0577.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN0618.jpg
    DSCN0618.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN0637.jpg
    DSCN0637.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 96
Yeah i really like your setup. Its very nice and clean. I love the inhabitants too. Nice hermit crab you got there lol.

Back
Top Bottom