90 gallon reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice tank. Might be worth investing in a controller when you have to be away from your tank for a large chunk of the day.

Agreed, I have some big changes coming soon. I'm getting 2 ecoxotic panorama led fixtures, 2 Vortech MP40s, and a control system. I'd really like to start getting into more sps. I think this will help a alot as well as keeping my parameters in check. So far the reef has been great. I just am nervous about getting the new LEDs. Has anyone had or have the Panorama fixture?

I have heard those fixtures are really excellent! Not in my budget but my wish list. ;-)

Cant' wait to watch as you implement these new toys.

Yeah I can't wait! I'm gonna get the panorama probably by December. And MP 40s after that. Defiantly pricey but well worth it. I just wish LEDs were cheaper haha! I just keep saving little by little and someday I'll have a great system. Just gotta keep at it all.

I love LEDs. Say what you want about their cost, but long run they pay for themselves; diminutive heat output, energy use, and they last for years without deleterious spectrum change.

I'm excited cause I get my LED in two weeks. But the price made me cry a little. Lol. I have a long 90 gal and I'm making a custom hood (becase the tank is 60 inches long and the stand was custom made as well) to be able to have the 8 inch height over the tank with the lights. After that, the coral possibilities are gonna expand. Woohoo. Look forward to following your tank as I go along with you!

I agree that LEDs are gonna be the way to go. Eliminates bulb changes and chillers. As well as saving on the power bill. I also like how I'll beable to mimic sunrise and sunset better. And one of my favorite things is the moon light at night. I just hope they do keep coral healthy for a long time!

That's what I've heard!! My LED didn't come with lunar lights. So I'm gonna try a DIY set up on those (fingers crossed I don't electrocute myself).

Yeah. After the money I'm spending on my LED I'm afraid to say that 25$ in parts looks a lot nicer at my wallet than dumping another 80-100$ on lights. I guess I will have to see how the DIY looks and if it's not that great I will budget a real set up for next year. The kids won't like if I dip into the money for their Xmas. Lol

These panoramas are costing me $1600 but I feel in the end it's worth it. I'm both excited and nervous.

New zoanthids, almost look like Rostas but a little different.

Attachments

• image-1890182851.jpg
    image-1890182851.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 96
Thank you yeah I wanna pick up more for sure. I'm trying to grow out a whole bunch of different colors so I can frag them all.

Attachments

• image-694874168.jpg
    image-694874168.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 114
New addition of a true percula today, he went right into my GSP. Also a shot of some corals I just fragged yesterday.

Attachments

• image-3534988441.jpg
    image-3534988441.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2691648952.jpg
    image-2691648952.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1478816903.jpg
    image-1478816903.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom